Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Native Bikeworks  (Read 868 times)

Offline fatcamper

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 950rsl
Native Bikeworks
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »
As a lot of the regulars here know I purchased a Pivot Mach 4 from Native recently. I absolutely loved the bike from my first ride on it. I felt faster than ever before (probably placebo) and noticed that girls couldn't resist me.

This past weekend the bike developed a small creak in it that I noticed anytime I was climbing. Of course being myself, with absolutely no mechanical ability, I went to the garage to fix the problem before El Lagarto. I called on both of my left hands and all ten thumbs to create more problems. Once I had properly detuned the bike I went out and raced, creak and all.

This brings me to where I am now. I took my bike to Erik at Native last night, near their closing time. I asked for him to help me locate and eliminate the creak along with fixing any other problems he may find. I explained I might be able to ride on Thursday this week so it would be nice if it were done by then, but I was in no hurry. As I sat in my cubicle this morning I got the call that my bike was ready to go. He said the creak was due to a lack of grease from the manufacturer but it was taken care of. He also took care of several other small issues, that may or may not have been caused by me :-X, at no charge.

I am posting this to give another account of how great of a shop this place is. Their turn around on any work is fast and the staff has been great. Thanks again Erik

Offline Redriderpro

• Redriderpro
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Devinci Atlas carbon 29er
Re: Native Bikeworks
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:40:09 PM »
Very glad to see this type of service, if they can keep it up, word will spread and success will follow.

At least I hope so...
"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
I called on both of my left hands and all ten thumbs to create more problems.

Put down the tools and step away from the bike.  ;D

Glad to hear they hooked you up though.  I have no doubt that they will keep up this level/quality of service.
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline psychlyst

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • I eat paste...
  • My Bike: 06 Specialized FSR XC Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Living in Palm Harbor,it's a bit of a haul for me to get out that way,but I will visit Native for my next tuneup and other work needed due to the word of mouth.Great reviews are the lifeblood of any business big or small..it's going the extra mile that helps not only a business grow,but thrive!

Advertisement: