Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Who's all going to Morris workday tomorrow?  (Read 1740 times)

Offline KJ-Renegade

• Amateur Billy Goat
Who's all going to Morris workday tomorrow?
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:21:56 PM »
I want to go and meet the Swamp Crews for the first time but not sure who all is going to be there. Also anyone riding afterward on the trail, cause I want to bring my bike and my gear. I've never rode this trail before and looking forward to see how this trail is.

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Scalpel 29er
Re: Who's all going to Morris workday tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:35:24 PM »
I am not sure how many people will be there.  Ken has not said anything yet.  I plan to be there with my bike but that plan could change at any moment...
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Offline KJ-Renegade

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »
Well if this event get turn down I'll be heading to Alafia in the morning.

Offline Kevan

• Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:40:16 PM »
There will be people there.  I just do not know how many.  Since it is unplanned and during a weekend with a Fat Tire Festival going on...  I do not expect a lot to be there...
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Offline KJ-Renegade

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:47:32 PM »
There will be people there.  I just do not know how many.  Since it is unplanned and during a weekend with a Fat Tire Festival going on...  I do not expect a lot to be there...
I understand what you're saying now. I'll just meet everyone next Sat. at Boyette instead. This way I can meet a majority of the crew rather than some. I just happen to like being with a big crowd of people. :)

Offline Kevan

• Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 09:49:01 PM »
Got it.  Croom on Sunday should be OK too.  Although you did say Saturdays are better for you.

Offline KJ-Renegade

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 10:06:19 PM »
Got it.  Croom on Sunday should be OK too.  Although you did say Saturdays are better for you.

Yeah Sat. will always be my best day, since Sunday I have to watch my daughter while my wife work. Then on the weekdays I work Mon late 7 till 6 but wife is off and through Friday 7-4 then after that the wife work. Yeah, crazy family schedule!! :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:09:53 PM by KJ-Renegade »

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 07:57:44 AM »
KJ,
The workdays are not about meeting other people.  Is about wanting to volunteer your time to give a little back to mantain the great trails we have.  If you get another opportunity to go out and help, go do so.  Don't change it because there won't be anyone to meet.

But I understand, work or ride hmmm?  tough choice but ride may always win....

Offline KJ-Renegade

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 09:02:41 AM »
KJ,
The workdays are not about meeting other people.  Is about wanting to volunteer your time to give a little back to mantain the great trails we have.  If you get another opportunity to go out and help, go do so.  Don't change it because there won't be anyone to meet.

But I understand, work or ride hmmm?  tough choice but ride may always win....
That's true! But I'll still want to volunteer to help out to maintain the trail as a Swamper. It just first I like to meet a majority of the crew and this way I know what you all do as a whole and etc. So me going to Boyette next weekend I'll get that chance.

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

We got a lot done today.  Finished fixing the hog damage on the inner section of Flatwood.  There were four of us.  We did a lot of walking too, and afterward we went to Beefs for some lunch.  IAfter lunch, I started at The Hole In The Fence and rode Speedway to Grandpa, Hogwild, Washboard, Heartbreak Ridge. and over to Flawood.  Feeling so good after the trail work and lunch, did not stop all during this time and finished the ride thru Trout Creek back to the hole in the fence.  I had a great ride, averaged 11MPH and did not take a break.

Kenny
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Advertisement: