Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: 31 Miles on Croom Today  (Read 1345 times)

Offline jbrazinski

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Trek X-Caliber 29er
31 Miles on Croom Today
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:30:03 PM »
Tried to get the whole blue in but got a little confused in the pit area on the way back to parking area one.  Conditions were nice after yesterdays rain and my legs are Jello tonight.  Coming up on two months of riding and I hope to train up to being able to do the 50 one day, but the way I feel after 31 I def have a ways to go.  8)

Offline ClintonRH

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: 31 Miles on Croom Today
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »
If you can do 31 at Croom then you can likely do 50 at any of the flatter parks. It's mostly a matter of pace and nutrition.

My first road bike century (103 miles total in San An/Dade City area) eclipsed my previous longest ride by 40 miles when I attempted it. Was really starting to suck towards the end but I could have done another twenty if I had absolutely had to.

Haven't broken the century mark yet on the mountain bike. Closest I've come was 88, I was completely fried, and very glad that I'd taken some shortcuts at the end of that. The 65 mile mark-to 80'ish was super fun. The pain had faded I was really in the zone. Everything was flowing and fast. Then at about 80 or so I bonked HARD. That last 8 miles back to the truck and dinner on flat doubletrack was terrible.

Offline ltusmc

• Forum Newbie
  • My Bike: Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »
Jbrazinski,  I just did 26 miles out in Croom today.  The Blue trail.  I missed a turn and got on the green trail near Croom Rd, and didnt finish the blue trail on the south side of the road for my full 32.  I think that ride killed me.  Haha.  My previous longest was 12 miles on the yellow trail. This was my first time on the blue trail.   I had 2 serious wipe outs on the "HARDER" path while out there.  The one that says "lefty loosy" is correct.  I had way to much speed when I dropped and lost control.  I was not expecting it, and as soon as I touched my brakes it was over..... and over and over.  Im still a newbie and had to stop a few times for rest.  I think I will hit the 12 mile a few more times to increase my speed before I tackle the Blue trail again.   

Offline jbrazinski

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Trek X-Caliber 29er
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »
Cool deal, I'm only 10 or so minutes away from Croom so if you ever want to get together and ride lets do it.   I've only been riding since January so I'm trying to learn too.  Went to my first work day at Croom last Saturday, it was nice to give back a little for what a great job SWAMP does with these trails.

Advertisement: