Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: workday?  (Read 731 times)

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
workday?
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:16:09 PM »
Does anyone know if there is still a workday planned at Boyette on Saturday? I wasn't sure if it was cancelled because of the Squiggy the next day. If it's still on, how late does it go? It's been a while since I've been to one.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Re: workday?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:41:29 AM »
Does anyone know if there is still a workday planned at Boyette on Saturday? I wasn't sure if it was cancelled because of the Squiggy the next day. If it's still on, how late does it go? It's been a while since I've been to one.

Yes, Below is the email Garry sent out about the workday:

"Hi all,
There are several areas at Boyette that need attention in the coming months and to try and keep it organized I'm taking a different approach to the workday by attacking only two of those jobs on this day.  I am planning specific tasks that need to get done and planning for a certain number of volunteers to help get them done.  So, on Saturday, March 12th I have planned the below jobs for Boyette's workday. 
(On subsequent workdays we will take on different areas that need attention.)

I will only need 13 volunteers for this workday so as to concentrate on the assigned task and finish it. So please if you can make it RSVP.  I will confirm the first 13 to RSVP as the volunteers for that day.

SST flag and prep:
     I will lead a group of 3 as we mark, trim, remove debris and re-establish the SST Trail. Some fallen trees will need to be removed. Bring work gloves, hat and hydration; tools will be provided.

Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest (Quadrants) cleanup:
     I need 2 Lead people + 8 cleanup people for trimming. These folks will break up into two groups of four plus leads to traverse these trails and do a good trim job for these two-way trails.  As always throw trimmings WELL OFF THE TRAIL.  Bring work gloves, hat and hydration; tools will be provided.

Thank you for helping out.  Systematically together we will make this a jewel of a trail system.

Garry
__._,_.___

Advertisement: