Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Bobcat on Golf Cart  (Read 1335 times)

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Bobcat on Golf Cart
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
Keep your eyes open if like these cats - saw a real nice sized one on Golf Cart yesterday.  Just sitting in the middle of the trail just before the sharp right that almost doubles back on itself.  I caught him off guard (oddly enough), and he trotted up the trail maybe 10 yards away and sat back down and stared at me.  That went on for a couple of minutes and then he trotted off.  Beautiful animal.

Offline ClintonRH

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Bobcat on Golf Cart
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:47:33 AM »
On my very first night ride I slid out on Swamp Thing and being a bit banged up and my confidence shaken I decided to skip Ridgeline. So I rode over to the exit alone to wait for the group. As I came around one of the turns in the tall grass and there was a momma bobcat (guessing 15-20 lbs) with four kittens. She was not happy to see me. She fluffed up and snarled. Three of the kittens ran into the grass the fourth followed quickly when she gave it a headbutt as she moved between me and it. As soon as those kittens were in the tall grass she turned and vanished like she'd never been there.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 09:33:16 AM »
I'm noticing the animals are getting less and less shy this year.  Occasionally I ride in this flat-as-a-pancake-but-cool-anyway location down here in Sarasota called Myakka, and I'm constantly running across Bobcats and hogs the size of volkswagons -- none of whom seem to be even slightly worried about human contact.

Offline Itchiee

• First Bike
  • Outside the inner circle
  • My Bike: is much better then yours...
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:48:17 AM »
Myakka is a nice park. While I haven't rode there yet I have been on the boat ride.
That lake is absolutely filled with gators... :o

Advertisement: