Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Nice Additions to Gatorback and North Creek 8)  (Read 3149 times)

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Tampa Cigar Roller Services
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: 2011 Redline Monocog Rigid SS 29er 32x17!
Nice Additions to Gatorback and North Creek 8)
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:07:02 AM »
Nice killer drop near the end of Gatorback!  and I forget where on North Creek but a nice little change up...solid work guys...

...And before anyone yells at me for not helping, I work 60 hours/week, have four kids under the age of 5, 8 horses, and have been battling a 7-month long real estate transaction due to county hold ups....so I am muy busy...and a 1.5hour bike ride 2-3times a month is all I get, if I am lucky ;)
Add something cool to your party or function...have a cigar roller!   www.CigarCreations.com

Dropped my kid on Halloween :(www.YouTube.com - UPDATE - Was shown on AFV on ABC in Feb 2012!

Offline mmountainbiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek EX 9.7 OCLV Mountain XTR/XT- RLC-FIT/Evol re:aktiv factory
Re: Nice Additions to Gatorback and North Creek 8)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »
4 kids under 5......wow. Thats a lot of doodie. Explain the changes on NC as they were working on it the last time I rode it

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Tampa Cigar Roller Services
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: 2011 Redline Monocog Rigid SS 29er 32x17!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:44:05 PM »
It wasn't major, and I can't even remember exactly where it was....but it's always nice to see a slight chnage
Add something cool to your party or function...have a cigar roller!   www.CigarCreations.com

Dropped my kid on Halloween :(www.YouTube.com - UPDATE - Was shown on AFV on ABC in Feb 2012!

Offline JeffWhite

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:27:53 PM »
It is finally nice to hear SOMEONE make comments about Alafia trail changes. As soon as you ride trail changes, please, please, please comment. Constructive comments - GOOD and BAD and WHY (please skip the nonsense comments). I don't care what anyone has said in the past - you do NOT have to do trail work to comment. Your FEEDBACK helps me build better trails for you. Let me hear from all rider levels on all the trails. Comment on changes you noticed over the last year. If I hear nothing, then I only design and build trails the way I want to ride.
The new North Creek segment is a bypass to the right, just before the slippery black plastic pipe. It is a banked curved drop back to the main trail. The middle Rabbit Ear has a new drop. The new Gatorback section is open; has a view, big drop, climb through trees, 170 turn and pump bumps.
Thanks for all your input. Your humble trail builder: Jeff White (jeff8white(at)gmail.com)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
Jeff,
Great work at Alafia.  I rarely get the chance to work on the trails with the club so I reap the rewards of your hard efforts and I much appreciate it.

One question.  Can you tell us if there are any new trails planned for Alafia?  Just curious.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 06:11:50 PM »
The new North Creek segment is a bypass to the right, just before the slippery black plastic pipe. It is a banked curved drop back to the main trail.

The climb was a little soft a couple of weekends ago, but should be nice once it's ridden in.  We've nicknamed that drop "Panty Dropper" due to someone endo'ing halfway down it and his pants came off as a result.  ;)
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline mellowme17

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Single speed 29er
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 07:52:58 AM »
looks like i need to go out to alafia....
Yeah i am that guy with the socks

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »
Jeff,
Great work at Alafia.  I rarely get the chance to work on the trails with the club so I reap the rewards of your hard efforts and I much appreciate it.

One question.  Can you tell us if there are any new trails planned for Alafia?  Just curious.
Everyone,
Jeff has asked for input on the work he has done both at Alafia and Boyette.   Some of the little additions/bypasses/fixes have been mostly his doing or his planning.  With great helpers of course.  Please email him directly jeff8white at gmail dot com.  I believe he will welcome good and bad comments.  He not just looking for "good addition" or great work.. he is looking for GOOD INPUT or BAD ...

and Yes, there are new trails/additions planned... but apperantly, you have to go to a workday to find those out :-)  I haven't been either..

The climb was a little soft a couple of weekends ago, but should be nice once it's ridden in.  We've nicknamed that drop "Panty Dropper" due to someone endo'ing halfway down it and his pants came off as a result.  ;)
It was in great shape Sunday.  It has gotten ridden into a bit more now and it rained there Thursday and Friday night of last week.  Maybe even sat night..  It was slippery on the drop side.. scared the crap out of me so "Panty Pooper" me likes..

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:40:05 AM »
Ooops.. i just saw  Jeff himself posted above... didn't think he was on here.. Welcome Jeff!

Offline JeffWhite

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »
Constructive comments - GOOD and BAD and WHY.
You do NOT have to do trail work to comment. Your FEEDBACK helps me build better trails for you.

Where are all the riders?
Comment about our trails - but, with interesting - WHY - included. No one will say "only allowed to comment if you participate". Your opinions are based on riding not axe swinging.
Thanks for all your input. Jeff White (jeff8white(at)gmail.com)

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
I liked the 'Panty Dropped' on North Creek...nice little option...great berm at the end.  I was there at the same time as TTT and it was soft, but it looked like it was just finished.  I imagine now it is packed in nicely.  I have not seen the new Gatorback addition but now my curiousity is getting the better of me and I'll have to check it out either this weekend or next
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »
the new trail at the begining of rollercoaster with all the whoops could use the small trees on the inside of the turn cut out. it is a brake jammer fo sho. i like the whoops you can pump but its short lived with the tight tree lined turn. 8)

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »
thank you for all the good work out there. it is really nice to have the trails always changing for the better.

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
I went to Alafia today and checked out the new addition on Gatorback...very nice, the initial drop to the blind downhill right-hander was a little intimidating but flowed nicely.  The new addition to North Creek has packed in very nicely.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline BeatTheBabby

• Huffy Rider
    • HalfBreed Productions Extreme Sports Videos and Photography
  • My Bike: 2008 Eastern Slash
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
i cant wait :)

-I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them fall away....

Advertisement: