Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Tough Mudder  (Read 1197 times)

dlalbright

Tough Mudder
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »
It's a 12 mile obstacle course. There is one coming up in Dade City on December 3 and 4. I'm signed up. Anyone else doing this?

Check out: http://toughmudder.com/events/florida/florida-tampa-2011-course-map/

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
Re: Tough Mudder
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
Just wondering what the prizes are for these events? ???  The price to take part is VERY High Dolla! $$$$$.

Offline kj

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Personal text?
  • My Bike: Vassago JabberWocky & Bandersnatch
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »
Yes.  I'm registered with team advracer.net

The "prize" goes to the Wounded Warriors Foundation and isn't out of $$ range for most adventure racing type events, but the amount of time and work that goes into setting up an event like Tough Mudder far exceeds the average adventure race course setup.  TM is fewer miles but more bang for your buck.

TM is good so is Spartan race, there are some other one time events too that aren't bad but far less epic.   Check out http://www.pangeaadventureracing.com/ if you want in on more adventure racing events.

And, if you're pretty good at adventure racing team Earned Dirt partnered with ADVRacer.net is searching for a fourth.  Strong navigation and trail running skills preferred. PM me if interested.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:43:43 PM by kj »

dlalbright

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »
A big part of the TM is giving to the Wounded Warrior Foundation. And I like to compete more than most, but for me so much of everything is about the process -- training and camaraderie -- more than the end point.   

Offline ClintonRH

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:46:29 AM »
I did Warrior Dash. It was the most fun I think I've had in one hour and I'm a reluctant runner. It was chaotic craziness.

I'd like to try Tough Mudder if for no other reason than I need objectives as training goals to make anything happen. But it's just too expensive. I can't afford it right now.

Offline Abeyta

• First Bike
    • My Quest for the Leadville Trail 100 Buckle
  • My Bike: Niner
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 01:46:10 AM »
I just signed up for the one in CO.  Looks like a huge challenge and the money goes to the Wounded Warrior Foundation.

Advertisement: