Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Skills/ Pump Track  (Read 1377 times)

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Skills/ Pump Track
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »
Having gone to Santos a bunch of times I was kinda wondering why we don't do a Skills area at any of the parks, mainly Alafia. You know, some little log rides and big berms and the like. It would be easy(at least I imagine it would be) to build it up bit by bit off to the right of the beginning of bridges in the open field. This would give many the chance to practice before starting a big loop.

Also, should it evolve to be so, it could also add a cool jump/ freeridish area now that the TOE is closed. I wouldn't mind putting in some hours to get it started.

I'm sure many of you main leaders of swamp have thought about this before, and I just wanted to say that there are people out there who would be willing to help make this work if you guys are.
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
Re: Skills/ Pump Track
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:34:13 AM »
If we can find dirt, instead of sand, to do this with, I'll see about "borrowing" the tractor from work ;)
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:49:31 AM »
a pump track would be great - i love the one at santos

Offline jro

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:09:59 PM »
When I come over from Tampa I always drive by a huge dirt site on (672 I think)  On my next trip I will try to remember to get the number and give the company a call.  Can this be a write off for a company since it is for a state park?

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »
When I come over from Tampa I always drive by a huge dirt site on (672 I think)  On my next trip I will try to remember to get the number and give the company a call.  Can this be a write off for a company since it is for a state park?
Good luck with that one....  There is so much connstruction going on here that the company is already started to use that big mount of dirt for the new subdivisions going up.

About the pump track... I also like the little warm up one at Santos.  And the one by the jump area.  It is not going to happen in a SWAMP mantain trail system from what I can see.  Too many additional issues to deal with.  There is another thread on here on which I pointed out the BMX park going up about 1-2 miles down the road from Boyette.  They will eventually allow MTX there.  If you need to get your freeriding fix on, there is another BMX park somewhere in north Dale Mabry.

If you want more info on the Boyette BMX park, contact the local bike shop in Riverview.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »
The Bmx Park in North Tampa is in a park called lake park, it is about a mile south of Van Dyke road on the west side of Dale Mabry.

Advertisement: