Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette conditions  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Boyette conditions
« on: October 29, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
Other than new hog damage and a little nip and tuck here and there Boyette is ready for the masses. 

Garry's Loop finally got some well needed attention! Pandemonium #3 got some love too.

Give Ridgeline a day or so to dry out from the rain and it should be sweet.  (Use your common sense and discretion.)  If you simply MUST ride it be ever mindful of the damage and sensitivity of clay trails that are wet!! 

NO SKIDDING! 
 WALK THE EDGE OF THE WORST SPOTS!!
 DON'T SLOSH UP AND DOWN THE MIDDLE OF WET SLICK CLAY TRAILS!

I
f you ignore this simple request and damage wet sensitive trails others before you have spent countless hours making and improving, then man up and be there for the next workday to fix what you did.

Offline yarik83

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: 2010 Trek Fuel EX 5.5 WSD converted to guy bike
Re: Boyette conditions
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
Have anyone gone out there this sunday(today)? I would appreciate update on green/blue trail conditions.
Ride within my safety limits

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:08:35 PM »
Other than the inevitable hog damage that they do after we work on the trails all trails at Balm-Boyette are open, repaired and ready to ride.The Sidewinder extension has a new exit that puts you into the second half of SWAMP Thing which is now two-way taking you up to the entrance of Ridgeline.Garry's Loop has had much needed repairs to it with 2 x 8 bulkheads added to the back side, and also covered over exposed roots on the climb out section.Ridgeline has had repairs to the Plunge, OMG, Max G's and the exit.Golf Cart and Lower West Meadow has been repaired several times because of hogs and will again in about a week.The Quadrants have been trimmed for those "cross-country" miles, so if it's an epic ride you seek all trails are waiting for you.Hope that you enjoy.  Don't forget to thank those who volunteered their free time to make this happen.

Offline JCOTTON

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
  • My Bike: Ellsworth evolution 29'er
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 05:55:20 AM »
Thanks trail crew, riding Boyette soon!

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
Thanks trail crew, riding Boyette soon!
+1!!!!!

Offline yarik83

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: 2010 Trek Fuel EX 5.5 WSD converted to guy bike
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »
SST is unfortunately turning into a nightmare. There is about 9 tons of sand  on it, 2-3 inches deep in places. SST has always been like that but now without tree coverage it is dry dry dry and sugar sand is just about everywhere.

I have noticed that one portion has carpet on it. Is it protecting something or was that a test trial of potential fix methods?

Thankfully there is only about 1/5th of trail that needs attention.
Has anyone explored options like stones, seashells, carpet etc as a way to fix the trail?

From what I can see majority of riders skip the trail nowadays because it is so sandy.

Ride within my safety limits

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »
SST is pretty sandy, the lack of rain has certainly taken a toll. But everything else with the exception of a little sand on gator pit was nice and fast. Great job trail crews.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Advertisement: