Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1523 times)

Offline KingstonBiker

• First Bike
Hello everyone
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:27:27 PM »
Hello all.  I am a newbie with all this and could use a little help.  I have been wanting to get into off road biking now for quite a while, and just decided today that I would try and do some research. Me and my best friend were talking earlier and niether of us have bikes or have any clue as to what kind of bike to get. I started searching on google for Florida bike off roading and came upon this site.  So sorry for the long post, but, Help.   Thank you. Jon

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:19:15 PM »
Check out AJ,s bikes and boards in brandon.They will steer you in the right direction as far as purchasing your first bike.

Offline KingstonBiker

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:45:23 AM »
I live in Bradenton, Brandon is not that far, thanks. Any suggestions on where to start riding??

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 01:07:33 PM »
SWAMP club has weekly Rides on Sundays, I would suggest the Flatwoods/Trout Creek rides if you've never ridden before.  We have several groups that ride based on pace and experience level, and the Ride Guides are very good at pointing out difficult areas of trail and how to negotiate them successfully.  In addition to that there is skills class offered that will greatly increase your ridding ability with some MTB basics.

The clubers are very knowledgeable and helpful so don't be afraid to pick their brains.
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 01:52:18 PM »
Hey Kingston,
I highly recommend the intro to MTB class tought by Wes and Marty.  It is given once a month on the first Sunday of every month.  They just had one yesterday so you need to sign up for the next one right away.  They get full fast.  You will not only learn about our trails bu tyou will also learn things about biking equipment, riding skills, and actually go out on the trail and apply it.  Read more abobut it in the main SWAMP web site.

In the mean time, if you don't have a bike, you will definately need to start visiting bike shops and test several of them.  AJ's and I am sure others, may have test bike that you can actually take out to a trail for a day or so.  Or you can just rent one for a week.  I wish I had done this before I bought my first bike.  Good luck.

Offline KingstonBiker

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 06:32:06 PM »
Wow, you people rock.  Thank you for the info and support to a newbie rider.  I am getting more excited just having you all give me info.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »
Kinston,

Come out and play with us, just a bunch of adults playing in the dirt on our bikes, we would love you to join us.

Gregg

Offline KingstonBiker

• First Bike
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 08:23:57 AM »
I would be glad to come out and ride with any of you, but, I need to get a bike first.

Advertisement: