Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: off roading and dune buggies  (Read 869 times)

Offline silentneko

• Clipless Mountain Goat
off roading and dune buggies
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
This is obviously a bit off topic but since you guys live in this area I figured I would ask. I just got back from a cruise where we went on a dune buggy trip and it was freaking awsome! Some of the most fun I have had in years. Here's a video of our adventure.
xrails_0002.wmv

So now I'm all fired up to maybe add a dune buggy to my offroad collection someday, I've always wanted an old sandrail or meyers manx dune buggy.
My question is, does anyone know of a good, legal, place to go offroading in central florida? I live in Lakeland so as close as possible would be great. I read about a county owned park they were making south of mulberry but can't find any info on it after late 2010. I'm not looking for anything nuts, just a cool place to zip along some trails, and I don't want to be anywhere I'm not supposed to be, or rip up anyones nice bike trails or anything. Thanks.

Offline Redriderpro

• Redriderpro
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Devinci Atlas carbon 29er
Re: off roading and dune buggies
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »
For a local alternative....

http://www.croomatvrental.com/

Not cheap, but close by and fun!  No "real" buggies but don't discount the fun of a four wheeler.
"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Offline silentneko

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »
Thanks for the info, but I'd need to rent 2 of them and at those prices it will cost me half of what the buggy will cost just for a day. If he is staying busy then more power to him, but man that seems really steep to me.

Offline darksidemxer

• Huffy Rider
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: specialized hardrock pro
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »
i know that this is an old post but i will toss it up. Withlacoochie state forest where you can mountain bike has TONS of trails for sand rails that are street legal. big scrub in ocala is also street legal buggy friendly. a few places off US 441 and US 200. river ranch is another trail location.

Advertisement: