Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Alafia Clasic Stage Area  (Read 755 times)

Offline David Milleman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Ridgeline
  • My Bike: Anthem
Alafia Clasic Stage Area
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
I am signed up for the solo Classic on the 7th.  I assume there will be some area to setup a staging area for cooler of food\drinks?  I plan to have the wife be my pit crew.  Ideally I would like to setup a small pop up tent for her with a chair and cooler to refill my supplies and maybe for me to chill for 10 min and scarf down some food.

Any info on the logistics on the event would be great too.

Thanks in advance, I am a newb to all things mountain bike related.

Dave

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Alafia Clasic Stage Area
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:18:53 AM »
Just saw this after the race...  Did you find a spot to setup?  The Rangers were a bit nicer than last year even though they still forced many to park away when there were still plenty of spaces left.

Offline David Milleman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Ridgeline
  • My Bike: Anthem
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »
Yeah we got a nice spot under the trees.  The rangers hooked us up too and drove our stuff up so we don't have to carry it all.  Had a blast in the race, still sore!  My goal was 6 laps, I only got 5 in.  Next year.  The only part I think could be improved would have been a different start so everyone didnít start on a single track trail.  Maybe have a soft start like the SWAMP 50 did or have everyone do a loop on the double track to separate the different levels of peeps.  Or I am just a newb and need to suck it up.  Canít wait for the dirt head! 

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:02 AM »
That was the idea for the longer run (lemonds start) + a short ride on a double track.  To separate the rabbits from the turtles.   ;D   It still a bottle neck but not as bad as if they all went into a single track after only a very short ride. 

Advertisement: