Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Ridgeline Time Trial  (Read 2110 times)

Offline bavarian3

• Huffy Rider
Ridgeline Time Trial
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »
I see a lot of talk about who has the fastest time on Ridgeline and was wondering (like the Ft.Desoto TT), how hard would it be to setup a TT for MTB? Would Boyette (park services?) allow such events?

Any thoughts?

Offline kj

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Personal text?
  • My Bike: Vassago JabberWocky & Bandersnatch
Re: Ridgeline Time Trial
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »
Though not an event,  strava.com provides ranked timing for most trails at Boyette & Alafia.  Just download the app to your gps enabled smartphone, sign up and keep the app running while you ride.  After the ride just sync up and see the results.

Offline bavarian3

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »
Ah very cool. I suppose with that; there is no need. I can't zoom in on the map; but I am guessing it's all of Rideline correct?

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »
i don't think the strava algorithim is sensitive enough to differentiate whether a rider takes the hard options or not. so if you want to be a winner, go ride it with all the easy options!
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline bruceS

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
Can someone post up a map with a specific start and finish point? I would like to see how well I could do :D

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
Can someone post up a map with a specific start and finish point? I would like to see how well I could do :D

http://app.strava.com/segments/973991

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
specific start and finish point?

Start at the entrance...finish at the exit.
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 02:27:06 PM »
minus corkscrew and minus Lauren.  All other hard option (plunge, OMG, Max G's).  Do the first option to the right do NOT take the shortcut.  The actual record (that I know of) is not recorded on the strava link that Alan posted above.  It is 6:21 by Alex Mucci.

Offline bruceS

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 03:18:37 PM »
specific start and finish point?

Start at the entrance...finish at the exit.

I didn't think of that :o :)

I have only rode Ridgeline twice and at the time I didn't notice an "end of trail" so if there is one I got it if not I thought there might be a specific "end" that is being used as the finish line :)

Offline fatcamper

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 950rsl
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »
When you reach the end you'll know it. You cross a few pavers and come up a small gravel climb. As you come out you'll see a bench and a sign.

Offline bruceS

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
Thanks, I remember that.

I'm going to try to get out there in a couple of weeks and see what kind of time I can put up. I'll mount the go pro to the bike and post up the fastest run (no matter how slow) in real time on the vid page. I'm thinking about a split screen with the run in the main frame with a stop watch in the corner.

Offline kj

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Personal text?
  • My Bike: Vassago JabberWocky & Bandersnatch
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »
minus corkscrew and minus Lauren.  All other hard option (plunge, OMG, Max G's).  Do the first option to the right do NOT take the shortcut.  The actual record (that I know of) is not recorded on the strava link that Alan posted above.  It is 6:21 by Alex Mucci.

that's how I ride it also, everything except corkscrew and Lauren.

I'm curious to know how fast other SSR riders are doing and what gearing they're running.  I'm not fast by any means (currently ranked 15 on strava) and don't see myself ever getting under 9 minutes but it's something to shoot for.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »
A lot of fast mofo's around here and on the Strava page -- I timed myself yesterday for the first time seriously, rode about 90% of max, and came in at exactly 11 minutes.  I thought I was riding fairly fast but it seems 11m isn't particularly good.  I can probably shave a minute off though with more pedaling on the downhills.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
A lot of fast mofo's around here and on the Strava page -- I timed myself yesterday for the first time seriously, rode about 90% of max, and came in at exactly 11 minutes.  I thought I was riding fairly fast but it seems 11m isn't particularly good.  I can probably shave a minute off though with more pedaling on the downhills.

there is alot of fast people on that STRAVA link but a person who skips some options gets credit for doing the segment that was created which includes all options. On that page, click on the Date the person rode it and it will give you the track they laid down to get the time they are showing, you will notice most skip some of the options thus getting a faster average time.

Minor technicality of STRAVA since it cant tell the difference. so as long as you hit the start point and the end point, STRAVA thinks you did the whole thing.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »
there is alot of fast people on that STRAVA link but a person who skips some options gets credit for doing the segment that was created which includes all options. On that page, click on the Date the person rode it and it will give you the track they laid down to get the time they are showing, you will notice most skip some of the options thus getting a faster average time.

Minor technicality of STRAVA since it cant tell the difference. so as long as you hit the start point and the end point, STRAVA thinks you did the whole thing.
Hmmm, interesting.  I did the usual all-except-corkscrew-and-lauren thing.  I've only been back on the bike for a couple months, but I'm pretty sure I could eventually get my time under 9 minutes.  I could definitely do more shifting and coast less/pedal more on the downhills, and beef up the climbing speed, but man -- I just don't get how the hell someone blows a 6:30 time on that course...that's like Fabian Cancellara full-tilt on a mountain bike.  I mean for example I see MK did an 8:57, and I know he's pretty fast, so where/how the hell exactly do you pick up 2 and half minutes over his time on that course?

I guess I'd have to see how it's done...

Advertisement: