Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Santos Guided Ride April 29th. Questions..  (Read 336 times)

Offline Miguel Senisse

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
Santos Guided Ride April 29th. Questions..
« on: April 25, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »
Hello,

Having never been to Santos, I want to go this Sunday the 29th...but want to know a couple things:

Do people share a ride up there? I would have room in my car, so how do people get in contact with one another to carpool?

Since it's a solid two hour ride for me, I live in So. Tampa, what do people do, get a hotel the night before or just leave really early the same day?

Anything else i should know?

Thanks,

Miguel

ps. I'm getting back into riding after yet another absence, but would say that i am a decent rider. Are there groups in the guided ride that go to intermediate trails?

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Re: Santos Guided Ride April 29th. Questions..
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:34:50 AM »
1st off most Swampers will not see your message on this forum that may be looking for a ride or carpool. The best way to communicate with most of the members of the club is via the Swamp Yahoo mail group swampclub-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

as far as staying over night, I am sure most just leave early since Sunday morning traffic is usually light and the drive can be made in about 1 1/2 hour.

Santos is a blast, have fun!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Santos Guided Ride April 29th. Questions..
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
DW is right.  Email the group instead.  The 5th sunday ride at Santos is not well attended as the other local ones.  So make sure there will be one and guides to help you.  Most of them will do intermediate or easy routes.  Not many will do the reds.  Maybe synch hole and john brown but will mostly stay away from them.  A few adventorus will try to ride to the Land Bridge so just ask the guide what the plans are.  It starts at 9:30am so you have plenty of time to drive there.  Also ask if is at the Santo main TH or the LandBridge TH.  Sometimes they switch it.
Do take a map with you in case you end up alone.

Advertisement: