Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: I-75 Construction  (Read 784 times)

Offline perchman

• Amateur Billy Goat
I-75 Construction
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
Don't know how many have ridden the levee in recent weeks/months but they (DOT I guess) have cut much of the foliage down that used to be a buffer between the levee and the interstate.  I sincerely hope they plan to replant after the construction is complete.  I always knew it was right there of course, but without those trees and shrubs, it's definitely not the same.   

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: I-75 Construction
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:40:09 AM »
PROGRESS !!!

Magic Kingdom Carousel of Progress

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: I-75 Construction
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »
Don't know how many have ridden the levee in recent weeks/months but they (DOT I guess) have cut much of the foliage down that used to be a buffer between the levee and the interstate.  I sincerely hope they plan to replant after the construction is complete.  I always knew it was right there of course, but without those trees and shrubs, it's definitely not the same.   

It would appear that there is some plan for it to be grown back. All that they did there was re do the drainage for the highway. They covered it back up with rich looking soil.

I would be surprised if they plant trees since they ground up all of the stuff that was there, but hopefully there will be something.

Advertisement: