Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 12:26:08 PM] fannypak: I am in love with the flight I linked earlier. If it wasn't for that pic I'd be ordering a dj bike as we speak

[Today at 12:25:10 PM] fannypak: Can't keep collecting bikes, lol

[Today at 12:25:07 PM] Pariah: cogs are crap ;)

[Today at 12:24:53 PM] Alan: cog is more worthy

[Today at 12:24:53 PM] fannypak: I have a blasphemous giant as well.

[Today at 12:24:26 PM] fannypak: Was actually lookin at canbros dj frame yesterday, but I'm just gonna throw money at the cog.

[Today at 12:23:55 PM] aaron1017: good idea, youd wanna get rid of cog

[Today at 12:23:27 PM] fannypak: I'm alright, it's a cool bike and couldn't remember who owned it.

[Today at 12:22:52 PM] fannypak: Schit

[Today at 12:22:42 PM] fannypak: Yea, someone talented was able to stack schist this high.

[Today at 12:21:27 PM] aaron1017: welcome to give Nimble a try if ya want

[Today at 12:20:47 PM] Alan: added together?

Author Topic: Wilderness Park Main Loop 6/29/2012  (Read 1293 times)

Offline GeoffM1968

• First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Wilderness Park
  • My Bike: Trek
Wilderness Park Main Loop 6/29/2012
« on: June 29, 2012, 11:05:56 AM »
0-18 dry
18 at bridge - under about foot water
34-46 - many sections impassable with 12 - 36 inches of water. At trout creek bridge, 36 inches and good current accross trail.

Offline GeoffM1968

• First Bike
Re: Wilderness Park Main Loop 6/29/2012
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:48:05 PM »
Going to be awhile for the Trout Creek section to dry out.  I only kept going as I was a little pissed someone else posted it was clear and wanted to properly record what sections to stay off.

Online Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
it has been posted here and elsewhere that ALL of the off-road trails at Wilderness Parks are CLOSED...

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »
The local trail defender has spoken.

Offline AScoda

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: The next one
  • My Bike: 2012 Cannondale SL2 29er
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »
Visions of drowning hogs are dancing in my head.

Offline GeoffM1968

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
it has been posted here and elsewhere that ALL of the off-road trails at Wilderness Parks are CLOSED...

In my defense, the topic found in Wilderness Trail section titled "Trail Open" indicated otherwise when I made plans yesterday as I would not have driven all the way to the park.  Then talking with another rider in the parking lot before heading out said he called ahead and was told the main loop was opening today.   

I would not have gone out if I had all the information as I did not want to be one of them who ruins the trail.  This is reason I stopped to take the time to register today for this forum using my phone (PITA process on a small screen) and post information from the parking lot.  In addition, I turned two riders away who were just going out as they read the same information I had read.

Offline PoserLowroad

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Trace X frame with a bunch of weight weenie parts bolted to it.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »

In my defense, the topic found in Wilderness Trail section titled "Trail Open" indicated otherwise when I made plans yesterday as I would not have driven all the way to the park.  Then talking with another rider in the parking lot before heading out said he called ahead and was told the main loop was opening today.   

I would not have gone out if I had all the information as I did not want to be one of them who ruins the trail.  This is reason I stopped to take the time to register today for this forum using my phone (PITA process on a small screen) and post information from the parking lot.  In addition, I turned two riders away who were just going out as they read the same information I had read.

GeoffM1968,

Welcome to the forum, it's all good, thanks for your report, please continue to post and enjoy all the trails we have.

See you out there and say hello, green Cherokee with SWAMP and Native Bike sticker.

Best,

PL

Online Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 06:56:14 AM »
No Problem Geoff, you just didn't look at the date on the post that said they were open, it was from the 16th.. ;) 
Since most of the SWAMP trail bosses rarely post in this forum, it is not the best place to get the most current trail information. You can get more information on the Wilderness Trails parks at www.mywta.org and also by joining the WTA yahoo group from that site. SWAMP and WTA also both have facebook pages that try and keep people up to date.
Also, if you join SWAMP you get access to the SWAMP yahoo group where they sometimes send out trail updates.

Offline ProEdgeBiker

• PROUD TO SUPPORT OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr to SWAMP for a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & 700cc SCOTT FOIL
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 09:39:25 AM »
Is Ridgeline Open? 😉

Online Scott

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Scott Scale 949 29er, WaltWorks 29er, Trance X, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 11:14:11 AM »
Free our trails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GeoffM1968

• First Bike
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
No Problem Geoff, you just didn't look at the date on the post that said they were open, it was from the 16th.. ;) 
Since most of the SWAMP trail bosses rarely post in this forum, it is not the best place to get the most current trail information. You can get more information on the Wilderness Trails parks at www.mywta.org and also by joining the WTA yahoo group from that site. SWAMP and WTA also both have facebook pages that try and keep people up to date.
Also, if you join SWAMP you get access to the SWAMP yahoo group where they sometimes send out trail updates.

Thanks. Did find the Facebook page yesterday and saw if I went there, I would not have made the mistake.  Saved the other link to favorites also.  Thanks again - Geoff