Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Mayo Clinic Survey: Medical Symptoms in Cyclists  (Read 334 times)

Offline cyclistPT

• Forum Newbie
Mayo Clinic Survey: Medical Symptoms in Cyclists
« on: July 30, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »
Dear cyclists,

You are being invited to participate in a Mayo Clinic research study about hand symptoms in cyclists.  The purpose of this research is to investigate what types of hand symptoms cyclists experience and if they have a higher rate of certain hand symptoms.  This study involves filling out a short survey that will take anywhere from 5-20 minutes to complete.  The survey is completely anonymous and there are no known risks to taking part in this survey.   By participating in this study, your information will help inform the medical community about medical symptoms in cyclists. If you are interested in participating, please click on the link below to fill out the survey.  Thank you so much for taking the time to help advance medical research in cyclists.

Eligibility: any type of cyclist, 18 years of age or older

Link to survey:  https://redcap1.mayo.edu/surveys/index.php?hash=3636638817772e42b59d74cff571fbb3

Your participation is voluntary and you have the right to discontinue participation at any time without penalty.  Specifically, your current or future medical care at the Mayo Clinic will not be jeopardized if you choose not to participate.

Contact me at Kakuk.alynn@mayo.edu if you have any questions about this study or survey.

Contact the Mayo Institutional Review Board (IRB) to speak to someone independent of the research team at 507-266-4000 or toll free at 866-273-4681 if you have questions about the rights of a research participant.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Alynn Kakuk, SPT, CSCS
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Mayo School of Health Sciences, Mayo Clinic

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
Re: Mayo Clinic Survey: Medical Symptoms in Cyclists
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:29:49 AM »
i like my spam on toast