Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend:Trail suggestion Please?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline omega

• First Bike
Memorial Day Weekend:Trail suggestion Please?
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:58:24 AM »
Hi Swamp Club,

I'm from Atlanta. I heard lots of good thing about the trails here. I plan to ride Reddick on Sat and try to decide which trail I should go on Sun. Santos, Croom and Alafia are in the same distance from the Hotel in Orlando. Please recommend.

Thank you.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Memorial Day Weekend:Trail suggestion Please?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »
Please come join us on Sunday (May 20th) at Alafia.  We are having a summer bash.  Group guided rides start at 9am and at noon we will be having a good old style southern SWAMP bbq picnick....  $8.50 per person gets you into the gate and gives you a full plate of food and drink.  You just have to email our social directory Ken Orlando with how many you are bringing...  His email is korlando at tampabay.rr.com

Please come out and say hi and mingle with about 60+ other riders that have already rsvp;ed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 11:11:32 AM by MrSandPine »

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 11:05:08 AM »
Depends on what you are looking for..

Santos is not one of "our" trails it is maintained by the OMBA, Ocala Mountain Bike Association, however, at Santos there is some freeriding areas, some REALLY good technical areas, all in all you can easily get a 30 or 40 mile ride in if you want..

Croom = Is a great trail for spinning..  Trail is difficult this spring because we haven't had a lot of rain so its very dry... easy trail to get 40 miles + This is where the club does the 50 mile offroad endurance challenge....

Alafia = Is a great trail period. Only down side is there is not enough of it.. Some good technical stuff, some fairly technical stuff, and some fast free flowing stuff..

Or Boyette = Another great SWAMP trail, has some moderate technical stuff and about 20-25 miles of nice singletrack.  Great trail and it's never crowded..  ;)

Well thats my two cents..

-Bob
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline omega

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 11:27:48 AM »
Please come join us on Sunday (May 20th) at Alafia.  We are having a summer bash.  Group guided rides start at 9am and at noon we will be having a good old style southern SWAMP bbq picnick....  $8.50 per person gets you into the gate and gives you a full plate of food and drink.  You just have to email our social directory Ken Orlando with how many you are bringing...  His email is korlando at tampabay.rr.com

Please come out and say hi and mingle with about 60+ other riders that have already rsvp;ed.

Thank you for the invitation but I'll be there during the Memorial Day Weekend tho  :-[
Sounds really good.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:32:50 AM »
Sorry ... got my weekends confused...  The official SWAMP club ride is at Croom on 5/28.  If we don't get any rain, Croom may not be a popular ride that day.  See Bob's descriptions above..

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 11:33:21 AM »
You cant go wrong with either santos or alafia given that you are into Reddick

Check the weather.  If we havent got much rain, go to Santos for sure.  It is less sandy.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 11:34:27 AM »
what Bob said about Boyette - with the addition of the new trails and the fact that it wont be a zoo on a holiday weekend makes it a great choice

Advertisement: