Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Motorcycle Enduro - Oct 7th  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Motorcycle Enduro - Oct 7th
« on: September 15, 2012, 07:10:10 PM »
Ran into a the motorcycle dudes marking the Enduro course.  I think their event is Oct 7th and they plan on marking every weekend.  From the looks of it, they will once again use mostly the blue trail.  I thought SWAMP had separated the blue from the "greenie" trail but what do I know?  Go ride Croom before it is destroyed until February again.  Oh wait, CROOM SUX so don't go.

Offline jbrazinski

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Trek X-Caliber 29er
Re: Motorcycle Enduro - Oct 7th
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
Interesting???  I'd like to
know more, is there anyone we can call??

Offline Murf :

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »
no worries , we have taken control of the orange so it all works out in the wash   ;)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »
Interesting???  I'd like to
know more, is there anyone we can call??
Just google croom enduro Brooksville. I don't know their website. But what kind of info you need?  They have permission todo it and they talk with bob wilcox and other swamp board to try to not use the mtb trail but is unavoidable.

Murf, tru dat. But since I am a boring geezer I try not to poach.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
They are not supposed to be using the MTB trails.  We worked long and hard to have separate trails.  The old lower Blue is no longer MTB trail or maintained.  Is that where you saw them?

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:48:49 PM »
This sucks. Hopefully you can clarify if this is north or south blue where you ran into these guys.

Offline jbrazinski

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »
Agree Alan, just road south blue yesterday and its all riding nice, hate to see it get torn up.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »
Gary,
I was planning to email you and Bob in the morning to keep an eye on them. They just started their signs today. They rode our new blue trail from the south up to croom road. They didn't mark that though. They just used it since their tire tracks were all over it. I ran into them on the north blue trail close to te old pit we don't use anymore.  Before drunken monkey. They did marked the pit but our north blue trail goes around it now.  Next swamp club ride there you should have several look at what they are riding and marking.   They just may be using the blue trail as shortcut.

Offline AScoda

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • Favorite Trail: The next one
  • My Bike: Cannondale trio-29er HT, Scalpel 29, CAAD 10
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
There are also dedicated hiking and horse trails mixed in our MTB area which they shouldn't be on.  The motorcycle area does have a boundary, they should be south of FR-10.  Our area is designated as a wildlife management area, which they aren't supposed to be in, except for the forest roads.  Am I mistaken?

Offline Jonesy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »
I would hope if Bob Wilcox was involved in the planning that it would be staying off of the mtb trails. If it turns out otherwise, a little civil disobedience might be in order.

Offline ender.

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Steel CX
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »
I was just out riding Croom for my first time yesterday. I parked at Parking Area #1 and rode the blue loop. I ran into a group of dirt bikes that were quite close to the trail, but I can't remember if it was before or after the 4 mile bail out. I also noticed some of their tire marks on the trails as well though... Hope it all gets worked out!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
Ender,
Was that you starting at around 1pm? I rode into parking lot #1 around that time.

Ascoda,
Correct. Motorcycles are not allows at all north of the motorcycle area in the south. Except for this time of year when they venture north to start marking their course fo the yearly event called the enduro. They go out there every weekend and day before to mark their course. Also afterwards to take down signs. But swamp build separa blue trail so they should be off it more the most part.

Email sent to bob Wilcox now.

Offline ender.

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Steel CX
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »
Ender,
Was that you starting at around 1pm? I rode into parking lot #1 around that time.

Yeah I think it was around 1:30... right when the rain started.

Were all the orange markers what they were hanging? I thought they said something about wildfires, but I was not paying too much attention to them, just trying to follow the blues lol.

Offline jbrazinski

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 03:36:17 PM »
Just talked to one of the motorcycle club leader, he stated they are only riding motorcycle trails marked with green dots, said little to no damage will be done to swamp trails.

Offline motogp

• Forum Newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
The enduro uses almost none of the existng mountain bike trail.  We have to follow the green paint on the trees.  Typically what has happened is people are riding on enduro trail all year thinking its mountain bike trail when in fact it is not.  We show up and arrow it and mbers see it get used and think whats up with that.  Just look for the green dots and its the enduro trail.  We do share small amounts of connector trail but ususally that is hardpacked and doesn't get torn up.  If you see someone putting orange arrows on blue trail let us know, coule be a new member marking wrong trail.

Advertisement: