Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: what are good earphones to ride with?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
what are good earphones to ride with?
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:19:25 PM »
what are good earphones to use while riding?  the ones that come with ipod are not that great for riding so i thought i would ask what have worked for others.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: what are good earphones to ride with?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »
NONE!!!  Don't use them if you can...  Is a safety hazzard..I will never advice anyone to use them even though I have used them.  Specially on long lonely rides.  But to give you first hand experience... one night while riding at flatwoods, someone pull behind our group and we kept asking if they wanted by.. no answer... we kept asking who was behind us but no answer back.  We finally got pissed and just pull over to let him go by.. it was a another friend of ours who have no  clue we were asking him anything.. he had his earphones one and music actually loud.  we then rode behind him and he started doing wheelies... we kept telling him not to since turns come around real quick..specially at night... he couldn't hear us... While riding at the paved flatwoods trail on my road bike a faster rider came up behind him.  There was a slight headwind so it was hard to ear anything.  I had it at the slowest volume but couldn't hear him anyway.. when he decided to pass me I still didn't know he was there even though he had told me.. so I move left for some reason and almost ran him off the road..

I use the ones that go around the ear instead of just the buds.. when you turn back to look, the buds just come right out...

So, please don't use them since it will take some of your attention away from the trail.  But if you must, use them at the lowest possible volume so you can still hear.   If you come up to someone or they come up to you pull at least one off so you can hear.  HOpefully you don't run into someone in the woods screeming for help and you won't be able to hear them....

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: what are good earphones to ride with?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:29:51 PM »
None, I like to hear myself weezing, plus what every thing that Marcel said.

P.S. Red Cable on the way!!!

Advertisement: