Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: "Wacky Wednesday" has arrived  (Read 1579 times)

Offline JeffWhite

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
"Wacky Wednesday" has arrived
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »
 "Wacky Wednesday"
 - We’ve done it! Something extraordinary... riding North Creek in reverse.
 - Experience the thrill of Alafia’s newest trail: “Reversed North Creek”.
 - Wednesdays ONLY;    (Buzzard Bay remains one-direction only).
 Enjoy - and please send me your feedback!

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
Re: "Wacky Wednesday" has arrived
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »
AWESOME!!! Now to find a free wednesday...

Offline Breitest24

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia Trails
  • My Bike: Salsa Big Mama 1x10, Lefty Monocog Flight
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:54:09 PM »
I'm there!! I get out of work at 5, then off to the park

Offline DeV

• Loudmouth Know-it-all
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia for sure!
  • My Bike: 06 Stumpy Comp
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 06:07:36 PM »
Rode North Creek today backwards with a friend.. had a really good time.. it's like a whole new trail. Unfortunately.. I somehow managed to bend my back wheel a little so my day was cut short.. anybody recommend a good wheel guy (maybe local to Clearwater)?
2006 Specialized Stumpy Comp

Offline PoserLowroad

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Kona Carbon Race Hei Hei Supreme
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:30:27 PM »
Rode it twice today and was very pleased. I actually think that it flows better in reverse, especially the end, (normal direction end).

Unfortunately for me, and it will take some practice as I was not able to clean the climb on The Staircase of Death.

Great call, like has been said, it's a whole new trail, funny I never notice the water in normal direction but it all seemed much closer in reverse.

Offline Breitest24

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »
Rode it also yesterday but only once..soon as I dropped in  there was a guy coming in the normal direction!!! I told him wrong way today man. Definetly like a whole new trail and seemed much longer cuz I wasnt going as fast. It was like I knew where I was, but didnt know where I was. I was also surpised at how easy it was to get up the ramp!!

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia - Moonscape, Boyette - Ridgeline
  • My Bike: 2015 Spec. S-WORKS Enduro, 2013 Spec. EVO Stumpy, 2013 Spec Demo-8
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:33:38 AM »
Rode it also yesterday but only once..soon as I dropped in  there was a guy coming in the normal direction!!! I told him wrong way today man. Definetly like a whole new trail and seemed much longer cuz I wasnt going as fast. It was like I knew where I was, but didnt know where I was. I was also surpised at how easy it was to get up the ramp!!

Had some freinds who rode it yesterday who said the same exact thing... Even though he knew where he was on the trail he still kept messing up.. Said it was fast and flowed really well in this direction...
When you see me on a post "PLEASE SMITE ME"

Offline Breitest24

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »

Had some freinds who rode it yesterday who said the same exact thing... Even though he knew where he was on the trail he still kept messing up.. Said it was fast and flowed really well in this direction...

If it was someones first day at the park they would have never known any better it flows really good. Lets see if we can get them to do bridges now!

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking... BRIDGES could totally run backwards..  ;D  ;)

If it was someones first day at the park they would have never known any better it flows really good. Lets see if we can get them to do bridges now!

Offline JeffWhite

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
I totally understand the thrill of our newest trail: "Reverse North Creek". Defining North Creek for reverse riding is an accepatble risk, due to only three entry/exit points (even though few people acutally read NEW trail signs). The south segment of BRIDGES is already two-way - except for Shelley's. I agree that BRIDGE'S very short, north segment could run either way, although I wouldn't want a head-on in the whoops...  I promise to keep the idea open for future consideration.

Your comments are always welcome, Jeff White

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
I totally understand the thrill of our newest trail: "Reverse North Creek". Defining North Creek for reverse riding is an accepatble risk, due to only three entry/exit points (even though few people acutally read NEW trail signs). The south segment of BRIDGES is already two-way - except for Shelley's. I agree that BRIDGE'S very short, north segment could run either way, although I wouldn't want a head-on in the whoops...  I promise to keep the idea open for future consideration.

Your comments are always welcome, Jeff White

Well if you could ever make that happen Jeff, Bridges would be sweet in reverse for sure...

Offline Voiles

• First Bike
    • the book of face
  • Favorite Trail: Reddick
  • My Bike: Trek/Fisher Rumblefish
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
I do miss riding Bridges in the other direction.  Seems like forever ago now that it got oneway'd.  Seems I remember it happened right around the time the original whoops were connected via the current first one.  The bricked climb used to not have bricks, had multiple lines, and was actually difficult.  Was fun to go down and then hit the brakes to make the turn at the bottom.  I have somewhere a picture of myself circa 2003/4 on my first expensive bike going down that drop.  Memories.  Excited to ride North Creek backwards.

Offline Greg Spadaccini

• First Bike
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 01:16:58 AM »
I actually prefer north creek backwards =)

Advertisement: