Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Linked Events

• Morris Bridge Trail Workday: September 16, 2006

Author Topic: Morris Bridge Trail Work Day. Saturday Sep 16, 9:00 am (Boat Launch Area)  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Scalpel 29er
From Ken:

It's that time again to attack the trails of Morris Bridge,we did a fantastic job last month and I hope we can repeat it this month.

We have discovered some soft spots on the trail that we did bridge work on last month and we need to address this problem while the soil is still soft.  Also, we would like to put some shell on the stone on the usf trail and last but not least,we have a lot of trimming to do so please bring your bikes and small clippers if you have them.

We will need more people trimming than spreading stone so all should bring their bikes and we will figure out who gets to spread stone and shell and who gets to ride and clip in the parking lot.

We will meet at the usual place,the canoe launch at morris bridge and break up into work crews from there. Gloves,bugspray,drink and some kind of clippers if you have them,otherwise we will supply them.

Lunch will be served afterward.

Please rsvp Ken (at) SWAMPclub (dot) org    asap so I will have enough food and drink.

Ken
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
Re: Morris Bridge Trail Work Day. Saturday Sep 16, 9:00 am (Boat Launch Area)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »
Thanks to all the others that helped out on saturday, We arrived a wee bit late but still managed to meet up with a few others and did some trimming on the hole in the wall side, and removed a downed tree near the end of gatorbait. Thanks for the food and the fun everyone.

Ian Hatton
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Scalpel 29er
Re: Morris Bridge Trail Work Day. Saturday Sep 16, 9:00 am (Boat Launch Area)
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 10:41:18 PM »
From Ken:

To all the people who showed up today,thank you!!!!!!!!! We accomplished every thing that was on the list.It feels great when that happens. Garry Rossiter, Wes & Marty Eubank, Myron Vanderlaan, Dick & Rowena Stillwagon, Holly Swales, Jay St Charles, Kevan Sheridan, Javier Avila, Gregg Irving, Brian Eckman, Scott Mosely, George Gaskell, Rob Hatton, Ian Hatton and Ken Orlando

Thank you all again.
Ken

On the list for today:

* Re-Route Panther trail section (from double-track to sweet single-track)
    * Trim all trails, especially Gator Bait, Grandpa, Misery and Techno Pig
    * Add rock to soft sections of Heartbreak Ridge trail
    * Close new section of Heartbreak Ridge, re-route to old exit till trail is shored up
    * Shell main trail where rock was put under the sand (between power lines and USF trail) last workday
    * Repair wash-out at west end of Piglet
    * Repair wash-out at allie-up ditch (for Intro to Mountain biking class)

Great workday!
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Advertisement: