Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 01:08:08 PM] ProEdgeBiker: #PuffTheMajicDragon

[Today at 01:05:30 PM] Pariah: #buck the damn trend bozo

[Today at 01:04:52 PM] BillT: #pariahshashtagsyntaxsux

[Today at 01:03:55 PM] Pariah: #SB Sux

[Today at 01:02:27 PM] Alan: ride to the gate and jump it.  #YOLO @murf<3Ke$ha

[Today at 01:01:36 PM] Murf: you dont want to ride bad enough 

[Today at 01:01:33 PM] fannypak: Need to make some #SB shirts.

[Today at 01:00:44 PM] fannypak: I'm tempted Alan. There is a gate for entry though - no where to park.

[Today at 12:59:52 PM] fannypak: And back in hillsborough

[Today at 12:59:48 PM] ProEdgeBiker: bubba made some Pro Homo t-shirts

[Today at 12:59:47 PM] Alan: renegade, fp

[Today at 12:58:31 PM] ProEdgeBiker: Fanny, the big plus about working for Nielsen is that you'd be here with Big-E, Aaron & me - NoHomo

Author Topic: Alafia trail work day - Saturday October 20th  (Read 443 times)

Offline AlwaysGoForward

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
Alafia trail work day - Saturday October 20th
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
 Hello mountain bikers,
This is the LAST Saturday work day for our Alafia trails before the Festival on Nov 9-11, 2012.

The maintenance continues for our advanced trails and options. This Saturday’s demonstration is “advanced drainage techniques”. Steep drops and climbs require advanced awareness of trail requirements, including the impact on the rider, the surrounding environment and long term maintenance. This is a “hands-on ”participation on Moonscape. You can also help with many other tasks requiring our attention.

Our first-class intermediate trails are fast and flowing. Precise drainage allows the trails to dry soon after a rain with no more sand buildup. Just ask the 250 XC racers from last Sunday’s FSC race.

Alafia trails still needs your help. Please RSVP to volunteer on the 20thand you get lunch. Work parties and demonstration starts @8:30. Lunch @12:30. Afternoon shift @1:15. The Alafia State Park gate opens @8:00 and offers FREE admission on the day you volunteer. Please RSVP before Friday noon to be on the official name list.
Thanks,
Jeff White

Offline AlwaysGoForward

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
 Just a reminder to REPLY/RSVP for the Alafia trail work day - Saturday October 20th.

Starts @8:30. Lunch @12:30. Afternoon shift @1:15.

Join in Saturday’s demonstration about “advanced drainage techniques” - leaning the impact on the rider, the surrounding environment and long term trail maintenance. Take this opportunity to SHARE your personal expertise – I welcome all knowledgeable volunteer comments.

You must RSVP before Friday noon to be on the official name list for FREE admission.
Our trails need you and your participation is greatly appreciated.
Jeff White

Offline AlwaysGoForward

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
Heaps of THANKS to all 6 volunteers who contributed 40 hours of muscle and sweat today at Alafia.

We maintenance RabbitEars. Much time was spent on drainage control to ensure a sustainable trail without sand. Thanks to Alicia Diem who power trimmed RiverLoop and then provided lunch.

Our volunteers today:
Alicia Diem, Benedict Chrostowski, Jeff White, Joanne McAuley, Robert Chrostowski, Robert Harris

This month rewards of a "trail crew" T-shirt were earned by: Don Wright, John Landsman, Robert Chrostowski and Robert Harris.

Together we build superior, sustainable trail systems.
Thank you, Jeff White