Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: My Story...  (Read 847 times)

Offline Corbinworks

• Huffy Rider
  • DaFa Ja
  • Favorite Trail: Morrisbridge
  • My Bike: 2012 TREK Superfly 100 PRO
My Story...
« on: October 21, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
Just got done with a 15+ Mile ride with a friend, GF calls and ask if I can stop @ her place and pick up her dog, Shes going to be late getting home and wanted me to take the dog to my house till she gets off work this is about 2 miles from my house, So I tell her I don't think its a good idea because I do not have my lock with me for the bike to the rack, She says it will only take you a sec to grab the dog...So I contemplated this in my head for a min and said sure..So I pull in, parked, ran up stairs, ran to the room, grab the dog from the cage, ran back out (Less then one minuet), Lock the door ran down stairs, Bike was gone..Called the police got the report done..Next day wake up, printed good photos of the bike @ photo mart put my # on the back of them, Went to all the local pawn shops & Bike shops & GF's Apt complex, talked to the mgnt &  Maintenance  with all the info..Now its about noon & stopped in @ subway to get food, Just as I was paying for my food I get a call from one of the pawn shops, Some one was trying to pawn the bike for $180, So I ran out of subway and went to the pawn shop..I had just missed them, But we had there photos on camera from the pawn shop, as I am leaving the parking lot the people from the apt complex call and they guy is there in the pool area with the bike, so I tell the cop thats @ the pawn shop, they go there and miss him..that's two times in less then an hr that he has been seen on the bike & the people @ the pawn shop said it was 4 kids who could not even reach the pedals/seat, So I drive around for another hr looking every where with no luck..stopped back @ subway and got another sandwich then went home watched TV till about 5ish & wanted to go look again..So I drive back to where the kid had been seen both times..I see 3 cop cars with a bike on the back in a parking lot..I rush in to see if its my bike, but its not, it was there own bikes from when they were doing the RNC here in Tampa FL, so I spend another hr looking around and am about to head home..its getting dark now..I go about one block from where I was talking with the cops in the parking lot and pass the kid on my bike...I start freaking out and turn around...I don't want to run him off and he's with 6 other guys..I am alone w/out my piece..So as I drive by I video tape him to have a photo for the police and I rush back to the parking lot to tell the officer that the guy was one block away..they rush over and just miss him again..now I am like WTF!!!! I am starting to rethink I plan of attack..So now I am really looking,like driving down every street that I can not see the end of and BAM!..I see the bright blue hat down @ the end of a dead end street, But again he's with a bunch of other people..so I wait him out @ the beginning of the street..sure enough he pass's me parked..so I pull out fallow him & calling the officer @ the same time..he's towing some one on the bars of the bike and going in to these run down apt complex..I pull across the street and wait for the cops..here come the police..as they pull in the front I pull in the back and park the car and run in the back side, there was NO WAY I was getting him get away again..I was ready to do what ever this time..as I am running through the buildings I see him with the police & the bike..So I got the bike back in one day..Only thing was wrong with the bike was they took the vin sicker off and now I need to find out how to replace it..I will call my TREK dealer int he AM and see what they say I can do..I will have it painted on this time if it will not void the warranty..

[IMG=http://imageshack.us/a/img441/3019/screenshot2012101918193.png][/IMG]
2012 Trek Superfly 100 PRO
1up Rack FTW!
Tampa FL USA

Offline Murf :

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: My Story...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »

awesome to hear it all worked out

Offline fatcamper

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 950rsl
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
"My eyes" - Luis

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »
Great story!  Opportunist punk.  There has to be a punishment that is a deterrent to this.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »

Offline Rocky Mountain OOTH

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
"My eyes" - Luis

Funny, thought about posting something like this, but walked away ;)

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
Glad you were able to get the bike back. You are one if the very few.

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 06:37:56 PM »
Great story!  Opportunist punk.  There has to be a punishment that is a deterrent to this.

A sharp machete and this kid will find it harder to steal with only one hand.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline playrjay

• Forum Newbie
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: K2 base sport
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »
Happy to hear you were able to get it back.

Advertisement: