Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 03:28:44 PM] aaron1017: gonna risk it tonight alan?

[Today at 03:28:37 PM] Alan: baby I'm gonna seal yo seam

[Today at 03:27:34 PM] Murf: need to re seam seal my tent tonight 

[Today at 03:27:22 PM] Big Hooper: enjoy Murf

[Today at 03:27:09 PM] ProEdgeBiker: its just crazy how light carbon bikes are nowadays

[Today at 03:26:47 PM] Murf: gpx loaded ready for wet mountain shred 

[Today at 03:26:46 PM] ProEdgeBiker: frame too

[Today at 03:26:37 PM] ProEdgeBiker: the foil is 1180g frome/fork

[Today at 03:26:14 PM] Murf: that makes more sense 

[Today at 03:25:54 PM] ProEdgeBiker: Murf, i believe the addict weight is frame/fork

[Today at 03:25:03 PM] Murf: never mind i thoulf the foil graphic was showing the bike

[Today at 03:25:00 PM] Alan: pretty cool of Scott to also color in the other Scott bike that is way back not taking second place

Author Topic: Alafia - trail maintenance status - 10/23/2012  (Read 361 times)

Offline AlwaysGoForward

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
Alafia - trail maintenance status - 10/23/2012
« on: October 25, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
 Hi allriders,
 Here’s the latest update on the progress towards getting Alafia trails(map) back to their expectations – e.g. GREEN trail signs welcome NOVICE riders.

Please visit the volunteer hours page to see how many hours we are putting in at Alafia. My estimate to conclude Alafia maintenance (for the safety of our Festival’s out-of-area riders) is at least 10 more staff days. The estimate includes only minimum drainage control with the rest being done later.

Since my last status four weeks ago - accomplishments:
 - opening of “Wacky Wednesday” – riding Reverse NorthCreek on Wednesday only;  (yeah!)
 - power trimming, providing great visibility, has been repeated on many trails;
 - improved NorthCreek & RiverLoop campground connectors are open for two-way traffic for campers and FTF riders;
 - finished maintenance on NorthCreek’s southern most loop;
 - extensive root and low hanging limbs removed from SandPine & RockGarden;
 - maintenance is completed on all Rollercoaster’s advanced trail options;
 - maintenance is completed on BuzzardBay, RabbitEars, Frank’s, Shelley’s, OAF advanced trails;
 - adding new signs for FTF riders who are unfamiliar with Alafia trails;

Maintenance over the next four weeks:

- maintenance continues on the advanced trails: Gatorback, MoonScape;
 - maintenance of roots and mud holes on RiverLoop & RockGarden’s south section;
 - maintenance of all “rolling grade dips” to ensure continued proper drainage control.

RiverLoop’s south loop has broken boardwalks and mud. Please honor the CLOSED signs.
 Come out and ride the “new” Alafia…  and if you want to help improve the trail conditions, please volunteer.
 Jeff White

Offline cgarolr

• Cycling Sherpa
    • Tampa Cigar Roller Services
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia
  • My Bike: 2011 Redline Monocog Rigid SS 29er 32x17!
Re: Alafia - trail maintenance status - 10/23/2012
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »
Thanks for the update...I as a local rider, who works 50+ hours/week with an hour drive each way, has 4 kids under age 6 every other weekend, is in the middle of a divorce, and is in the process of a home renovation, appreciates all your efforts.
Add something cool to your party or function...have a cigar roller!   www.CigarCreations.com

Dropped my kid on Halloween :(www.YouTube.com - UPDATE - Was shown on AFV on ABC in Feb 2012!