Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette feed back  (Read 965 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Boyette feed back
« on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
Hey folks after the next time you ride Sidewinder let us know what you think of the refurbished "S-Climb" where the Sidewinder/SWAMP Thing split is.  We did a lot of rock armoring to it so rain or dry conditions hopefully it holds up well.  We'll see if we need to tweak it any more.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Dcluley

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Trying to stay on this side of the bars. . .
    • HTFU
  • Favorite Trail: Balm
  • My Bike: 2000 GT Zaskar Retro Rocket; 2010 Pivot Mach 4 Stealth Bomber
Re: Boyette feed back
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
Just rode it today, Garry.  Much better than before!  Still a little loose with the loamy topsoil but it's still fresh, maybe some crushed shell to fill in the gaps over top of the rocks you all embedded would make it more hardpack (or a couple of more rains and riders on it will pack it down naturally).  I really like that section of Sidewinder, some of the fastest at Boyette.  The bench cut right after those two climbs seemed like you all gave it some TLC since last time I rode too!  Nice work.  Are there plans to work on and reopen the other bottom route that's currently blocked off?
Smite me fondly

HTFU

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »
Just rode it today, Garry.  Much better than before!  Still a little loose with the loamy topsoil but it's still fresh, maybe some crushed shell to fill in the gaps over top of the rocks you all embedded would make it more hardpack (or a couple of more rains and riders on it will pack it down naturally).  I really like that section of Sidewinder, some of the fastest at Boyette.  The bench cut right after those two climbs seemed like you all gave it some TLC since last time I rode too!  Nice work.  Are there plans to work on and reopen the other bottom route that's currently blocked off?
Thanks!  That blocked off section is too steep with bad transitions for the type of soil which causes people to brake suddenly or loose traction - then rains just wash away all softened soil to produce ruts.  Unfortunately it was a bad design.  Once we're caught up with a few other things on the To-Do-List we will reconstruct that with more sustainable type whoops of sorts.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
Video of SIDEWINDER EXTENSION with DIESEL, EPIC_RIDE & MYSELF
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »
Had not been out there in a while and i must say its in prime shape:

Got into the flow till I almost rode off the trail at the 1:23 mark on the video.. LOL! :o

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:41:49 AM by ProEdgeBiker™ »

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia - Moonscape, Boyette - Ridgeline
  • My Bike: 2015 Spec. S-WORKS Enduro, 2013 Spec. EVO Stumpy, 2013 Spec Demo-8
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 12:37:27 AM »
It's definitely way better then before, but could be a lot better with some harder packed soil laid on top of the looser dirt.  :)
When you see me on a post "PLEASE SMITE ME"

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 07:51:10 AM »
It's definitely way better then before, but could be a lot better with some harder packed soil laid on top of the looser dirt.  :)

Thanks.  With some rain it will change a little and hopefully pack in some more.  Probably end up dropping some roadbed material on it after the changes happen from weather and riders.

Offline nedliug

• First Bike
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:18:38 AM »
Thanks Garry...been awhile since I've ridden Boyette, but I'll probably be out there next weekend. That climb was brutal with all of the sand.

Advertisement: