Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: IPHONE APP MAP GPS  (Read 613 times)

Offline mshoaff

• Forum Newbie
IPHONE APP MAP GPS
« on: February 21, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »
Can anyone recommend a iphone map app w/ all trails marked? I tried the AllTrails App and only a few of the trails were listed and also the trail head was marked in the wrong location.

Offline bjdraw

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
Re: IPHONE APP MAP GPS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »
I haven't found one that had all our local trails. Most seem to pull from OpenCycleMap, which is user contributed maps. One solution would be to use an app that works with OpenCycleMap and then put in all the correct trail info for the benefit of others. I don't have a proper GPS to obtain accurate enough information to contribute, or I would.

What I do is download the PDFs of the trail maps from this forum and save them to my phone (I used iBooks to save them, but there are other apps that'll save copies accessible when there is no internet). Then I also use Runtastic's Mountain Bike Pro app for tracking my ride and seeing where I am, as it supports downloading maps for offline viewing (including OpenCycleMaps). This app also works with the inexpensive Wahoo Fitness speed and cadence BT LE sensor which adds more accurate milage and accurate stop detection (useful to track how much time you spent riding vs time spent out on the trail).

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: IPHONE APP MAP GPS
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »
STRAVA... hello... every inch of trail is marked nowadays..

Advertisement: