Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: I cleaned Gatorback today!  (Read 1864 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
I cleaned Gatorback today!
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:57:54 PM »
First time ever for me. I always couldn't make that corner and then up onto that bridge around the tree. Could never get enough momentum so I could get onto the bridge. But today was the day I figured it out. Was pretty happy. The best part was shortly after that section I passed a couple of downhill bike riding guys that were walking a section. I hear one of them say, "Whoa, that dude's on a hardtail!"
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: I cleaned Gatorback today!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
Thats a tough switchback. Good job. I haven"t ridden that trail in a long time. Of course its ben closed for most of the past year. I need to get out there and give it a shot.  That switchback was always iffy for me.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 06:23:10 PM »
Awesome job!  I have been able to make that switchback before, just struggled elsewhere.  I haven't been on that trail in so long I can't even remember when.  Seems, for me too, that it has always been closed or I wasn't on my game the day it was open.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 06:59:23 PM »
They have made the trail alot easier I think. Still a few tough spots, but nothing like it used to be. Thanks. ;D
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
I remember now that I would only make that switchback on days that I was feeling really strong. If I was struggling at all by the time I made the top of the hill I would always be too wobbly to make it safely on the around the tree elevated boardwalk. I never once made it up the steep root wall. I busted on one of my early attempts and basically never tried too hard to make it after that.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 08:48:12 PM »
Congratulations.... That trails is way pass my technical abilities but now I have to go peek into it just to see it.  I walked 30-40% of Moonscape last Thursday so I have a lot of tecnnical skill to build up first.  Elevated bridge around a tree ... hmmm .  I knew it is in there but never been to it.  So I'll pee in next time.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 08:54:19 PM »
Lets keep that piss off the trail please, Mr. Sandpine!  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:58:35 PM »
do that behind a tree and be carefull of poisen ivey

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 09:05:44 PM »
LMAO!!!!

It might help with the sandier sections.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 09:48:49 PM »
Come to think of it, I do leave some of it on the trail sometimes.  I mean, why get off your bike to go hide behind a bush.  If you alone, just whip it out and do it without getting off.  Do stop riding though.  That is only possible if you are not wearing FACTORe style bibs though.  LMAO...  Sorry, I majored in engineering.  Not english grammar.  It is a bit obvious isn't it.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 10:17:19 PM »
The 2 root walls aren't anything like they used to be. The first one is still kinda bad, but there is a line to the left if you look for it. The 2nd one is pretty mellow, a little speed and some pedal work and you'll go right over. After the 2nd one is still kinda tough, especially if you get off-line at all.

Advertisement: