Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette two-track flooded  (Read 740 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Boyette two-track flooded
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
Todays workday satisfied some much needed repairs.  The drop in before the bridge of Loch Ness was armored and should hold up for a long time.  Same with the drop in for Gator Pit.  Corkscrew is being reworked and we are about halfway done with it.  Totally rebuilding the berm at the bottom.

The two-track going out to the trails is under water.  Flowing water is actually going across the path!  You probably don't want to ride in bottom bracket deep mud.  I would wait several days for the water to recede.  Wow, been a long time since the two-track was this bad!

Quadrants are almost done being trimmed, but the back half of Southeast is swampy wet.

Garry

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia - Moonscape, Boyette - Ridgeline
  • My Bike: 2015 Spec. S-WORKS Enduro, 2013 Spec. EVO Stumpy, 2013 Spec Demo-8
Re: Boyette two-track flooded
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:44:34 PM »
LOOK'N GOOD FELLAS!!! Keep up the great work!!
When you see me on a post "PLEASE SMITE ME"

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
By next workday we should have Ridgeline reopened!!  :-)

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »

What are your thoughts on Ridgeline reopening now, after we've been hammered with rain these past 2 days?

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »

What are your thoughts on Ridgeline reopening now, after we've been hammered with rain these past 2 days?
Hah!  I know.  The good thing - hopefully - is that we have been able to keep bikes off of it during these heavy rains so the erosion repair should be minimal.  We'll see.  I'll be going down to take a look hopefully in a few days to assess how much work needs to be done to it.

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »
That's good.. Just post up when your going to work on Ridgeline, because I'll be down to help out again with it.  ;D

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 05:20:19 PM »
I had the chance to scout out some of the trails at Boyette today.  The 2 track going out is finally dried up, well, the flooding is gone anyway, but a few well worn in mud ruts.

I walked much of Ridgeline and it has some minor erosion on drops and climbs with some being worse than others, but since no bikes have been on it the repairs will be much EASIER!  Thanks to all for honoring it's closed status.  The clay climbs were wet and slick especially under tree cover, which is just about everyone of them.  The previous rock armoring we have done is holding up nicely!  That will be the way to go going forward to help us limit closing it in the future.

The recent rehab work we have done to Corkscrew is looking strong!  We just have to finish redoing the berm at the bottom to have that option finished.  I really look forward to getting this part reopened!

Much of the Abyss's need repairs, so if you guys see riding it after it rains is doing more damage - well, help us out here.  Canyon entrance is getting deeply rutted and that first curve going in is eroding away.  We'll put a small group of volunteers to repair that so it holds up better soon.

The NEW drop into Gator Pit?  SWEET!  Also the climb out was starting to fail so it looks solid again too.

There is LOTS of trimming and repairs everywhere to be done.  If any of you feel like spending an hour or so of your ride trimming where ever it needs it that would be greatly appreciated as I try to plan for other needed work on the upcoming workday.

Thanks in advance!

Garry

Advertisement: