Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: WP conditions?D  (Read 614 times)

Offline Jennifer Hollowell

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Lust 1
WP conditions?D
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »
How's it looking?  Did anyone ride over the weekend?

Plan to ride tomorrow, my first since a crash last week.

Jennifer

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: WP conditions?D
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »
Hey - I put in 27 miles at Wilderness Park on the weekend. It wasn't bad if you stuck to the right trails. On the Morris Bridge side, Hogwild, Enchanted, Misery, (parts of) Grandpa, Piglet and Palmetto were dry, as was much of the main trail. Indian was closed. I think Gator Bait was closed, too, but I didn't check. I did not try Techno Pig because it always seems to be a mess when it rains. Grandpa closer to the power lines was wet so we didn't ride it. Parts of Eubanks was a mess so we bailed out and moved over to the main trail to get to the water station. The main trail between the asphalt loop was fine from the water station to about post 33. It got really wet, so we bailed out and rode a fire road to the other side of the asphalt loop. I figured Panther and Squiggy would be wet, so I looped the asphalt and took the berm back to the trout creek lot. From the looks of it, some parts of the main trail between the asphalt loop won't be dry for weeks, but I'm not an expert on how well those trails recover from heavy rains. 

Advertisement: