Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: root hop on RollerCoaster/opt-1 - gone missing!  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Jeff White

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
root hop on RollerCoaster/opt-1 - gone missing!
« on: August 01, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »
Sorry to say, on RollerCoaster/opt-1, the beautiful "root hop" after the second drop is GONE!

Just in case you thought I took it out...  I did NOT!  I loved that "root hop".  Now, with the new berm leading into it, the "root hop" was easier than ever!

Whoever carried their saw and stopped riding long enough to hack at the root, perhaps you can go back and do a proper removal?  Make the path sustainable - instead of what you did.  It will only be a short time before the rest of the "root ball" will be catching pedals.
Jeff White

Offline Jason Peres

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia - Moonscape, Boyette - Ridgeline
  • My Bike: 2013 Specialized Carbon Stumpjumper EVO, 2012 Giant Trance X1
Re: root hop on RollerCoaster/opt-1 - gone missing!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »
  Me and a couple friends were riding there yesterday and were like WTH when we hit that section where the root was removed. Whoever took that out, THANKS FOR NOTHING!!! You might as well just paved it.. But don't you worry I have an idea in mind to make it better and harder then the root drop was before, cause anyhow that 1st option on RC is and expert section to begin with anyhow..  ;)
When you see me on a post "PLEASE SMITE ME"

Offline fatcamper

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 950rsl
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »
I'm not saying I did it, but I do have your root in an undisclosed location. If you ever want to hop it again I will need payment in the form of 100 unmarked Monocogs.  :-X

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 10:16:31 AM »
I noticed the same thing on Sunday when I was out there...given the other work recently done in the area, I assumed (incorrectly) that the root removal was intentional which I though was odd given the level of the trail and the fact that I felt that the root was helping keep the trail in place and not sliding off the side of the hill when it rains.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Pariah !

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
  Me and a couple friends were riding there yesterday and were like WTH when we hit that section where the root was removed. Whoever took that out, THANKS FOR NOTHING!!! You might as well just paved it.. But don't you worry I have an idea in mind to make it better and harder then the root drop was before, cause anyhow that 1st option on RC is and expert section to begin with anyhow..  ;)

how about we do something better and keep it the same level as it was before?  Just because we one D-bag doesn't mean we need to overreact.  See then it becomes a challenge to see who can out do the other and then you've destroyed an entire trail trying to one up each other.  Keep in mind that you're not the only one  who enjoys that trail.  Replace the TTF sure, but keep it on par so that everyone else who enjoyed the trail as it was can do so again.  Food for thought here nothing more.
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline bruceS

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
See drawing for recommended replacement!

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Purp
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »
I'm not saying I did it, but I do have your root in an undisclosed location. If you ever want to hop it again I will need payment in the form of 100 unmarked Monocogs.  :-X

:-*

Offline Vander$hred

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »
If we pave it, we could do some sweet road rides out there :)

Offline Dcluley

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Trying to stay on this side of the bars. . .
    • HTFU
  • Favorite Trail: Balm
  • My Bike: 2000 GT Zaskar Retro Rocket; 2010 Pivot Mach 4 Stealth Bomber
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
The root on the climb out of Gator Pit at Balm was smoothed over as well.  A lot different, since this was on an intermediate trail and part of official work (I think), and meant to fix erosion problems, but I miss it. Made the climb interesting sometimes.  :'(  Gatorpit is now a speed run with a jump at the beginning, which can be fun, but I liked it better before. Guess I'll get used to it.  The erosion hardening work is necessary and appreciated.
Smite me fondly

HTFU

Advertisement: