Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Sat. Boyette workday  (Read 438 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Sat. Boyette workday
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:37:40 PM »
Hear ye hear ye!    Trail volunteers head the call.

This Saturday August 10th we will be looking for warm bodies to dodge skeeters, mud puddles, and rabbits with legs like coyotes...okay, so I may have embellished on that last one a wee bit.  But we do have a workday at Balm-Boyette planned for you.

The sub species of SWAMPers we're looking for is trimmer birds, digger ants, sickle bunnies, rock gazelles, mow turtles, and a few other endangered machine monkeys.

We will have a little bit of something for everyone - even racer snails are welcome to come and mingle with us.

Bring your bug spray, hydration, gloves, and your "we can do it attitude" so we can get some trail maintenance done

RSVP for lunch and meet at the gate by 8:00 a.m.  (I'll load up Friday night this time so I make it then too.)

Thanks in advance.

Garry
[/size][/font]

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Sat. Boyette workday
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »
We had a good turnout today for Boyettes workday.    It was hot and humid, but we fixed a few things lately that have been needed for a long time.  The entrance to Gator Pit has been rock armored; as well we are 2/3 of the way through with revamping of Corkscrew last month, as was also the drop in to the Loch Ness Bridge.

Today Mt. Boyette was fixed and also the drop in to Canyon with a little BERM at that first hard left going in.  The vines in Loch Ness were cleared out too.

If you get a chance to hit Mt. Boyette and Canyon soon post up your thoughts.  Input helps us make better trails.

Garry

Advertisement: