Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: WT Conditions  (Read 329 times)

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
WT Conditions
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »
Anyone been out to the Wilderness Trails (Flatwoods, Morris Bridge, Trout Creek) in the last day or so? Which trails are still rideable? Headed out to WT on Sunday. Don't have time to drive to Croom. Many thanks.

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
Re: WT Conditions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
I rode there this morning. Started from trout creek TH and rode the levee to HITF. Main is in great shape up to just past the powerlines, then it starts to get wet, we jumped on morris bridge and rode that to to morris bridge park, there is a LOT of water out there, ended up riding the loop around to clay gulley, noticed a lot of traffic coming the wrong way :o the gulley was just less than bottom bracket deep so we ratcheted our way across, we continued on the way out to bruce b downs with intentions to ride the levee back to trout creek, when we got to the creek crossing I was amazed at the amout of water and current ripping thru there, NEVER seen that much water there. As we stood there wondering if we should forge our way across a rider approached us and with out a care continued in to the water and toward the underwater bridge we were standing on, the water was every bit of 30" ;D so we hoisted bikes overhead and made our way on foot, the levee is dry :D We did not venture off main but would think palmetto, upper grand pa and misery could be looped for a decent ride.

Advertisement: