SWAMP Community Forums
April 23, 2008, 06:45:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: Try our live Chat function.  Click the Chat menu button and wait for other users to enter the room.  Log in to the Forum to see the Chat button.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 HOURS OF DAUSET  (Read 2220 times)
FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 08:00:35 PM »

trail is fast - not technical but longer climbs and longer decents - huff n puff is a real workout - there are climbs that it will be important not to blow yourself out on and be through for the rest of the day

either days inn or best western - we are staying days inn

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 09:47:36 PM »

Threadlight,
Make sure you show your wife the Dauset Nature center.  Have them check the place out while you go biking.  She will have to drive over or you will have to ride your bike over to the Dauset Trail Head.  they are together but you still have to go to main street and around the fence.

If your family will do camping, I recommend camping over at Indian Springs State Park.  It is really nice and it has tons of things for the kids to do.  It has like 4 playgrounds.  Even if you don't camp, show the wife where it is show she can take the kids to play there while you go biking.

If you don't want the hotel setting there is a little town between Jackson and Dauset.  It is called Indian Springs.  Check out her web site since she has several cottages for rent.  The cottages/houses are very old victorian with pools and jacuzzies.  A real treat.  Check them out here:  http://www.thevillageatindiansprings.com

treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

ss29erposer whoneedsknees nostandingup

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 03:35:19 PM »

I was there last week and did the whole trail, a lot of people I met were there to preride. The dirt is well packed the only thing that concerns me is the down hill of huff n puff from #4 lots of loose rocks and not a good place to fall other than that it was a sweet 3 hour ride (worth the 6 hrs drive---one way).

I am in for the six hours, who else will be there? Who's doing what? So far these are the people:

Marcel (6 hrs Solo)
Jonathan (6 hrs Solo
Bob (?)
Morisson (6 hrs Solo)

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

http://treadlight-mtb.blogspot.com/
http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com/index.cgi
Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 03:42:45 PM »

12 hour solo.

FYI, they're offering on-site camping on site that weekend in the field near the pavillion. I talked to Dave last weekend and there's bathrooms and showers on site.

FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 03:46:27 PM »

Jimbo 6 hour solo

Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 08:44:42 PM »

Morrison, looks like the Sam Adams bet is back on!! Grin

It's not just fun, it's an addiction!
treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

Morrison, looks like the Sam Adams bet is back on!! Grin
Would you chill it for me? Grin Grin

"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do"-----------Anonymous

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »

...the down hill of huff n puff from #4 lots of loose rocks and not a good place to fall other ...
Threadlight,
The nasty downhill/climb you saw from #4 to #22 is not part of the race.  We go from 17 to 21, 23 to 24.  Or backwards depending on which directions we are doing it.  There is another gnarly downhill with tons of rocks going from 21 to 22 then some more from 22 to 23.  This last one also has the toughest climbs.  But no worries, we will not be going to #22 during the race.  Take a look at the course map on the web site.  The Pine Mountain Trail is a rocking dowhill where you can easily hit 30+.  Be careful at the bottom as you aproach 17/4 because it has loose sand at the botom of the downhill.

I'll be pre-riding it in the PM Friday after I get settled in over at Indian Springs State Park campground.  I also email Dave and the free camping doesn't have electricity.  I will have my kids so I need at least a dvd player to keep them entertained.  The playgrounds over at Indian Springs will help too.  It is only $20/night.

Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 09:43:25 PM »

Let me know when ya'll are leaving on Friday.  Maybe we can do a little SWAMP caravan up there.  Plus I would like to pre-ride with you guys.

FACTORe
SWAMPer
Yellow Jersey

813 Racing

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 10:23:22 PM »

what have i got myself into?

Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 10:38:15 PM »

what have i got myself into?

Some sort of shower? Grin  Doh!!

treadlight
Pinoy MTBer
SWAMPer
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »

Let me know when ya'll are leaving on Friday.  Maybe we can do a little SWAMP caravan up there.  Plus I would like to pre-ride with you guys.
Jim-I'm planning on leaving between 3-5p (depends on workloads). I don't think I will have the time to pre-ride the course. Hook-up with Mr Sandpine I think he will ride it Friday. - Morisson

Jimbo
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 10:15:56 AM »

Jim-I'm planning on leaving between 3-5p (depends on workloads). I don't think I will have the time to pre-ride the course. Hook-up with Mr Sandpine I think he will ride it Friday. - Morisson

Looks like Jonathan and I are leaving at about the same time you are.  So I don't think we will have time to pre-ride either.  Hopefully Sandpine will be nice and let us use his canopy. Grin

SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

08 RL Flight SS29er

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »

You'll have to fight my "green power ranger ninja turtle spiderman" and my "baby girl princess cinderella" (that is what they call themselves  Grin ) for my canopy shade spot.  Along with the wife who will be pitting for me.  They might hang out for the first 2 laps then go off to fight monsters at close by playground somewhere.  But we can be neighbors.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:24:44 AM by MrSandPine » Logged

Harvey
Ride Guide
Clipless Mountain Goat

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »

I'm bringing a canopy and all it will be sheltering is my stuff while I go round & round & round. I'd be willing to rent out shade for...hmmm...some rudimentary support? Grin

Seriously, I'm flying full solo on this one. If any of you guys would be interested in lending a little help it would be much appreciated. I'm not looking for much - just mix up some water bottles and possibly help me with lights. There could be some extra beer in my coolers. Cool

I told Eddie O I'm going without support and he started working to assemble a 5-person pit crew for himself. Shocked

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: