Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Is anyone riding at Alafia tomorrow 6/21?  (Read 330 times)

Offline Matt

• Non Club Member
  • First Bike
Is anyone riding at Alafia tomorrow 6/21?
« on: June 20, 2014, 12:11:36 PM »
I am planning on going out to Alafia early tomorrow morning and I was wondering if anyone else would be out there that wouldn't mind showing me around?

I am new to Florida and this will be my first time riding the Florida trails due to unforeseen circumstances.  I have a few years of experience mountain biking year round in Missouri where I had every park memorized.  I am concerned that I may miss some of the better trails or get lost if I try to tackle the trails on my own the first time out.

See you out there!

Offline Dirt Diggler

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
Re: Is anyone riding at Alafia tomorrow 6/21?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »
Yeah I was thinking of riding Alafia tomorrow. What time are you planning to be out there?

Offline Matt

• Non Club Member
  • First Bike
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:02:40 PM »
I prefer to ride early so that I can get home in time to do family things.  I am open to launch times though.

Offline Matt

• Non Club Member
  • First Bike
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
It looks like I am out for a early morning ride.  I need to make it to a bike shop before the ride and it looks like I am out of luck until tomorrow at 10 am.  I may try to get out around 11:30 or noon if my wife doesn't have anything planned yet.

Offline Memishel

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 06:13:27 PM »
There's a guided ride tomorrow, at Alafia.  The park opens at 8am, you might want to get there then and get yourself and your bike situated, the guided ride starts at 9am
.  The blue trails can be technical, green are beginner, diamonds are for those with good insurance plans...
Join the group ride and you'll get to see the good blue trails and don't worry about getting too lost, the loops are fairly short, about two miles or so each, one way, and well marked.
There will be a bunch of people out there, so just strike up a convo and you'll meet some great riding companions.
See you out there!

Advertisement: