SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 02:56:38 PM] Darrinw2001: now now Fe.. T-bow is not a blowhard like most... 

[Today at 02:58:33 PM] FACTORe: I know

[Today at 02:58:42 PM] FACTORe: he is great

[Today at 02:59:00 PM] FACTORe: I will be glad when he is gone so the Tigers don't hav to face him any more

[Today at 02:59:16 PM] FACTORe: Tebow or Urban Myer have never won at Tiger stadium - let's keep it that way

[Today at 03:01:52 PM] mksandoz: tebow sucks

[Today at 03:02:17 PM] mksandoz: if i could kill 1 person in this world

[Today at 03:02:21 PM] mksandoz: it would be jdk

[Today at 03:02:24 PM] mksandoz: THEN tebow

[Today at 03:03:12 PM] Coach: that would be TWO people.

[Today at 03:03:19 PM] mksandoz: 1 = 2

[Today at 03:03:33 PM] Coach: 2 is the new 1

Advanced search  

News:

SWAMP Forums - Please login and join our community.
Anyone can register here for free and login for access to additional boards and topics.  Look near the top left of this page for the register or login links.  SWAMP mountain bike club members have additional access to trail maps and club business topics.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clip-less in Santos  (Read 1169 times)

RiskEverything

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: Clip-less in Santos
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07:55 PM »
If you must go with flats, I'd recomend Wellgo MG1s. They are about the same weight as a pair of clipless pedals and cleats. I put them on my Hardtail and would like to run it at Santos sometime...

That being said, I rode my Rush with Speedplay Frogs at Santos- the one and only time I've been there. I was doing the right side of the dirt-jumps and was starting to get enough height that I didn't hit the table-top section of the jumps. I also did the beginner drops on that bike. Lowering the seat might have helped with the jumps, but the pedals were not really a factor at all.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

airwaybill

• First Bike
  • I fall alot!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 04:40:02 PM »
I love having clipless on the red trails!!!!  It MAKES me do things.  Either I commit or fall.  I've found myself going over things I probably wouldn't if I didn't have them.  I figure I'm already in.  Might as well give er a go.

Try to stick with it.  I really does make you a better rider.  You'll find yourself clearing things more and more.
Seek first to understand before being understood.

Jimbo

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »
Been on clipless pedals for about 3 months now.  My first set of clipless pedals are what came with my Trek when I bought it new.  I would never go back.  The pedaling efficiency is great and not to mention you feel much better connected to what the bike is doing underneath you. 
First time to Santos was on Memorial Day.  Got my butt kicked by some loose rocks that were just sitting in the turns waiting to wash out my front tire.  Went down hard on my right wrist twice.  My right hand is still a little black and blue from that.  Front tire washed out so fast on the loose rocks that I couldn't clip out fast enough to recover.  Saw the rocks give each other little high 5s like the squirrels from the Geico commercials.  Went to Santos this past Sunday and had much more fun.  Respected the rocks much more and goofed off on the beginner jumps in the Vortex.
Moral of this long drawn out story: Don't give up on clipless, they are the best thing since sliced bread!
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 18 queries.