Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Advice about trails needed  (Read 289 times)

Offline tomek

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
Advice about trails needed
« on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
First I want to thank you for all this wonderful trails that you did and maintain.
I and my family (wife and 2 sons 10 and 12) are newbies. We started enjoying off road trails last year. We did trails in Wilderness Park  and this month we discovered Boyette and Alafia trails. We road all easy ones and last week we decided to try medium one. We choose bridges. Trail was very fun but I fell that some drops where to big for our experience and I'm not sure if this was wise decision to road them :). What medium difficulty trails in Boyette or Alafia you would suggest for us to improve skills ? Can you advise which are easier and which more difficult ? I will really appreciate any advice and comment.
Thank you in advance.

Online JasonS

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Dakota Ridge - Red Rocks Trail, Golden CO
  • My Bike: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite
Re: Advice about trails needed
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
Rock garden and North Creek at Alafia are both good trails to learn on. Some spots are a little technical but nothing that should scare you off. Any of the blue trails at Boyette should work too. Get a map (from this site) and just avoid anything black. If you come across something that scares you, just walk it.

Online ApolloMike

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
At balm, you have upper spider berm, golf cart, Randy's trail, canyon, the lochnesses and the meadow trails that  aren't too bad. Lower spider takes a little more, but not much.

Offline tomek

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
Thank you for replays. we are going to try them

Advertisement: