Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Wilderness after work  (Read 260 times)

Offline Takos

• First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Balm- Boyette
  • My Bike: (Frankenbike) Iron Horse Quantum frame- Lots of other parts too.
Wilderness after work
« on: March 11, 2015, 07:17:36 PM »
A few things,

1st, my office recently moved over by Busch Gardens so I am now closer to Wilderness Park
2nd, I was just challenged to a weight loss competition with some guys from Church.
3rd, we now have a couple hours of daylight in the evening

So, I was thinking of riding Wilderness after work.  I am a fat, out of shape lug who normally wheezes his way around Alafia and Boyette when not crashing head over heals on North Creek.

Is there a simple loop in Wilderness I could accomplish as a mainly endurance type ride in the evenings?  Just looking for something to do quickly after work and get out before 8pm.  I have never ridden out there and the map does look a bit busy.

And for group rides, Monday and Thursdays would be best.  But, I hate to slow people down so I normally ride solo.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Wilderness after work
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 07:40:46 PM »
Blast through the main trail as fast as you can.  You will get faster the more that you do it. 

By staying on the main trail you will have enough daylight before they close the gates.  As you get faster add a side trail here and there. 

You'll soon become fast, svelte, and might even dominate your friends for PB. (Personal Best.)

Have fun with it.

Advertisement: