Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Never knew this was here  (Read 283 times)

Offline keller34

• First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette Scrub
  • My Bike: 2015 Trek Marlin 6
Never knew this was here
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:05:17 PM »
So a little short spurt about me:

I just started back riding after 20+ years and that was only BMX and road
I just purchased 3 bikes 2 weeks ago, that kinda hurt after the only bikes I remember getting was Montgomery ward, Sears, and Zayer (for you older folks from Florida that remember them).
And I am old and fat(38 and 268lbs) but have started last November getting my fat but off the couch and running /Walking 5k's

After buying the bikes I remember seeing SWAMP on a bunch of cars at different parks and decided to check the site out, Glad i did
I never knew about the Boyette Scrub and it is right down the road from the house!

So now I have been 5 times and 2 times with my son.  Well it was very fun riding the trails, seeing the tons of Gopher tortoise's, Armadillo's, and snakes.
Only thing is I have this uncanny knack to get myself in a bad situation.
I had my first wreck 2 days ago right past Red Shirt and the main trial to the right, there is a nice down hill and sharp turn to the left where there is soft sand.  Needless to say I hit it and pull the front brake too hard, the bike stopped, I did not. Only a few scrapes and the thought of what the heck just happened.

The next thing I know after that we rode Swamp thing and Sidewinder and some how ended up on one of the black diamond trails that, while fun at times, I was finding my self wanting to just walk the bike as I felt my heart trying to escape my chest.   My son said screw it and did...lol  I also have the issue of pushing myself too hard to the point where I almost throw up from going to hard.  Bad part is I can't stop as I have just too much fun.  I don't know why I didn't do this sooner!

I am considering taking the intro class and Joining SWAMP as I would not mind meeting people that would like to ride after work for an hour or so at Boyette.

Any plans on more intermediate trails closer to the entrance?

Offline John

• First Bike
  • Favorite Trail: Moonscape
  • My Bike: Trek superfly
Re: Never knew this was here
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »
Have you tried Alafia?

lots of intermediate trails there.

Offline keller34

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »
Have you tried Alafia?

lots of intermediate trails there.

Not yet but going tomorrow.  Got to look up the map and download it to my phone.

Offline keller34

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »
Maybe not now that I saw the weather and a big storm is coming.

Offline keller34

• First Bike
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 08:28:15 PM »
So I did ride Alafia.  I need to get the Yearly Family pass to there.  It will only cost me $90 for the year seeing how I am a vet.  I haven't been out since Saturday.  Got sick and have not had the energy to get out.  I have been going to bed at 7pm and waking at 8am!  I am feeling a lot better than I did Monday that is for sure. I have been itching to go out today but did not feel up to a trail so I just rode about 4 miles on the road.

I might go tomorrow though.  My oldest son is off work and wants to go real bad and has to borrow a bike.  He can't get the cash up right now after doing a refi on his car, moving, and fixing the other car( I fixed, he bought the parts).  So with that being said he will only be riding Boyette as of right now.  Any good bikes he can get cheap?

Is anyone going to be at Boyette tomorrow, say around 3-5pm?

Advertisement: