Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Help bleeding my brakes  (Read 216 times)

Offline mudflap

• First Bike
Help bleeding my brakes
« on: May 14, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »
Hello,

I am just reaching out.  Can someone help or loan me the tool to bleed my disc brake?  We are just really strapped for money right now and I want to get my bike to the trails.  I don't want to get hurt with only a front brake working.  They bike came new with air in the line.  The compression coupler will need replaced as well.  They are shimano br-m575 brakes.  I am in the Lakeland, FL area.

Thanks in advance

Offline fatcamper

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 950rsl
Re: Help bleeding my brakes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 03:20:11 PM »
I'm a long time avid user, but my limited knowledge of shimanos is that any funnel will work. Mineral oil doesn't destroy everything it touches so a little overflow doesn't hurt. Hopefully somebody else with experience can chime in though.

Offline bjdraw

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »
Your best bet is probably to google and look for videos on how to do it. It is really a lot like car brakes, but without a reservoir. I went to a pet supply store and bought syringes for getting animals medicine. Filled one with fluid on the reservoir side and sucked with one on the caliper side. For the m785 Shimano makes a special reservoir that makes it easy, but it costs about $10 and don't know if any place to get one locally.

Offline mudflap

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:49:24 AM »
I do know how to do it.  I just do not have the cup or compression seal.  When I can I will order this stuff.  Just looking for local help with those two things. 

Thank you

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 09:32:50 PM »
If bike came new with air in line, why not take back to the shop? They should fix it at no cost.

Advertisement: