Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Bike Park in Tampa  (Read 321 times)

Offline Richard Geier

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
Bike Park in Tampa
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
Hope people will be coming to ride this weekend.. we have about 30-45 days to get attendance up, if we cant get riders to show up and support this project it will fade away fast, insurance and rent payments are starting to come in so we need riders to get excited, spread the word, and show up to train.... getting nervous about this market, didn't think it would be a uphill battle to get our niche market to take action.. 

Offline Dirt Diggler

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
Re: Bike Park in Tampa
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »
Here's an idea... Why not host a social ride through the park? The club meets up once a month and does an hour or so social ride, sometime around Seminole Heights or Temple Terrace or Ybor or wherever, then meets back at a venue for food and drinks. Can't think of a better way to get the word out and get people to experience what you're building. Turnout is always very substantial. Maybe email the group and let them know what you're offering, how long it would take a rider to traverse the whole park at a social pace, exactly where it is... I'm sure it could be incorporated as part of a social ride and you'd be able to meet with a lot of riders at once before and after the ride.

Online BTFP

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: SC Fiddy Tin
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:37 AM »
Can you get some pictures? It is a drive for some people and it'd be nice to see what the place looks like.

Offline JOSEPH GRIECO

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »
If your looking for a sanctioned statement/advertising by SWAMP, you should attend the monthly Board meeting so we can get to know your you, your facility and event. If interested, you can contact me, membership@SWAMPclub.org, with some information and I will facilitate getting you on the agenda. BTW Dirt Diggler had a great suggestion! The next meeting is scheduled for monday 9/2 @ 6pm.

Joe

Offline bjdraw

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 10:16:33 AM »
I can't tell if the OP is serious or not. How could he be serious and not post the address or a link to more info. I googled Bike Park Tampa, and didn't see anything relative. If he's serious and he fails, it'll because he's terrible at marketing.

Offline Richard Geier

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »
Well Ben if you "googled" dirtyardbikes I believe its the first few items to view...... must be me......JS

Online BTFP

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: SC Fiddy Tin
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 08:05:12 AM »
Looks like the pictures posted Friday are pretty good. I would link them here but cant access FB at work.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 09:43:10 PM »
Well Ben if you "googled" dirtyardbikes I believe its the first few items to view...... must be me......JS
Yes, it must only be you getting those results because you visit the FB Page constantly and its cache'd on your search page.
This is what comes up for me:

Offline bjdraw

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 08:53:44 PM »

What was supposed to tip me off to search for that?

Advertisement: