Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Best ankle brace for biking?  (Read 133 times)

Offline TheChosenOne

• Non Club Member
  • First Bike
Best ankle brace for biking?
« on: August 27, 2016, 09:37:10 PM »
Hey guys!

I am new to this forum and I really need help. I hope I am in the right place. Anyone ride regularly with an ankle brace? I actually sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago. I really didn't break anything according to my doctor after he examined the first X-Ray. But I feel like I should follow up with my GP. My ankle has gone some pretty awesome colors, and I'm in an aircast for a couple weeks.

This is the second time I've sprained the same ankle badly, so I am thinking of using a bit of extra support when I ride now. Can anyone recommend an ankle brace for me? The Pro-Tec IPS one looks pretty good, but I'm curious what other braces people have experience with.

Thanks in advance.

Offline itsmecindy

• Non Club Member
  • Forum Newbie
Re: Best ankle brace for biking?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 09:52:16 PM »
I also sprained my ankle many years ago and it took a long time to recover. Even when it seemed to be better, it would come back painfully on certain drops etc. I bought the Aircast A60 and it totally helped my recovery as I would have been off the bike for 3 or more months. I felt that it allowed my ankle to turn while peddling but just stopped the hyper extension it stopped me aggravating the sprain.Good luck to you, hope you make a good recovery.