Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Successful workday at Boyette  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Successful workday at Boyette
« on: June 09, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »
We had a really good turnout for the Boyette workday today.  A lot was accomplished.  More than a few trees had been blown over with the storms and winds that passed through.  I think all of them were taken out.  Trails were trimmed back, so let us know if we missed any. 

The third option in Pandemonium is now complete and ready to ride!  This is a BLACK DIAMOND TRAIL, so expect to have to work at it to clear it, and be careful of a couple wheel grabbers in the trail tread.  Remember, speed and momentum is your friend.  Also this is a ONE WAY ONLY trail, so choose your option - ride it to the end and make a U-turn to go back and choose one of the other options.  Or ride one option while your buddy rides the other right next to you and see who clears theirs the best.  Fun trail, and true to it's name, a little pandemonium thrown in to make it interesting.  Enjoy.

The next section we are scheduled to work on July 14th is "Sidewinder".  An intermediate two way trail that will connect to two other trails - "Swamp Thing" and "Garry's Loop". 

"Sidewinder" will be a fun, fast, rolling trail that is a cross between Golfcart and North Creek.  I think it will have a little bit of something that everyone will like. 

"Garry's Loop" will be a technical roller coaster style trail that will have people making a B-line through the trails to get to just to ride over and over.  After that the "Woods Trail" will meander through the palmettos and pines, (we'll try to make it more interesting than the way the Quadrants are), to connect to the back of "East Meadow".

Look for the announcement for the next workday and hopefully you can join us.  There is work...er, fun... for everyone so don't be shy.

Not to mention a killer lunch that you won't believe after each workday!!  Meet old friends or make new ones, and see these trails transformed from raw to awe!

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: Successful workday at Boyette
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 04:43:28 PM »
I can't wait to try that. I hope to be at the next workday. You said Pandemonium is one way. Is that west to east?
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »
I can't wait to try that. I hope to be at the next workday. You said Pandemonium is one way. Is that west to east?

Yes, from West to East as the climbs are doable that way and to avoid a head on crash with others on the drops.  Yep, it's happened already.  The signs should keep it from happening again.

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 10:11:44 PM »
Yeah. I noticed new signage when I rode lasy week but I didn't ride pandemonium. The first time I tried the new section I went the wrong direction. But when I came back the right way it was like a different section. You all did a great job.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 12:01:19 AM »
This is awesome to hear, I've been dying to do some trail work but have been stuck down either by work or house projects.

P.S. does anyone know anything about wells?
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:20:48 PM »
What do you want to know about wells, CWG?
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline CrazyWhiteGuy

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Caution: May cause temporary blindness
  • Favorite Trail: The kind you ride a bike on.
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek RumbleFish
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 10:35:55 PM »
NVM Ells, I had been working on getting our filtration system working. The pump was hammering really bad for a while running, took a while to figure out that we needed another tank, and then a BIGGER tank near the pump to stop the back flow. Had me and my father really stumped for a while.
We are still springing leaks in some sections though so it looks like I'll be redoing parts. Still, it looks like the Alafia ride is pretty much locked for Sunday.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:38:06 PM by CrazyWhiteGuy »
Rolling on the RumbleFish

Advertisement: