Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Citizen of the day!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Citizen of the day!
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
The Original Ellsrider is the Citizen of the Day. Yesterday we were driving along Tampa road coming from the Pinellas Trail area heading east and a hottie riding her bike along the sidewalk caught our attention. She was riding at a good pace on a hybrid bike and made for good 'conversation'. There was a lane blockage ahead so car traffic was slow. We noticed a gebroni ahead of the girl riding like, well, a gebroni. He was on the road instead of the wide sidewalk and he was pedaling at a high cadence in a spin gear. We wondered if he was with her. He was 150 yards in front of her. Nothing special about all of this except a couple of idiots( me and the Original Ellsrider) commenting on the stuff we see. We get to a traffic light and stop. The guy on the bike stops and then the girl rides up and stops. They are together and talking while waiting. The Original Ells is taking it all in and the light changes and we start to pull away. The lane blockage is over and traffic accelerates back to its fast pace again.  The moment  we start out, The Orig. Ells notices that the guys  skewer on his front wheel is loose. Only a cyclist could notice such a thing. Really, how does anyone notice that, it is such a little thing to notice. The cam lever  was not turned closed, or tight, and The Orig. Ells noticed that it was swinging loose as the guy moved his bike. Great observation. We had already pulled away and  he said to me ' Hey, that dudes skewer is loose. His front wheel is going to fall off and he's going to have a major face plant on the road'. He says we should tell him. I'm already 100 yards down the road and traffic is on my ass. What can we do? He says again, this is serious crap, that guys going to get messed up. Ok, Ok. There's a side street. I zipped in and The Orig Ells jumps out and walks to the sidewalk area and flags the guy down to stop. He gets him to stop and The Orig. Ells.  is telling him that we were driving down the road and he noticed his front wheel is about to fall off. The guy cannot even manage to audible an understandable syllable. He's in disbelief that some strange dude is blocking is path and stopping him from riding a bike, and telling him that  he notices his bike is about to fall apart. So the guy is straddling his bike, standing there dumbfounded, The Orig. Ells. bends over an fixes his skewer. The skewer at this point was literally half off the, another 1/4  mile and this guy was toast. He puts it back together  and tells him to always check to make sure this is tight before he rides, the guy mumbles something and The Orig. Ells walks back to the van.  The whole thing is over in 12 - 15 seconds.  The gebroni probably doesn't even know what a front skewer is and some stranger is noticing that it is loose.  The girl pulls up next to the guy and we see them talking as we pull away.   So, fo this, The Original Ellsrider is Citizen of the Day!!!! 

On a side note, I told him he is going to get major karma  for this. I realised this an grabbed a dollar bill and started rubbing it all over his shoulder, trying to steal some of his karma.  He's fighting me off realising that I'm trying to mack on his karma. I pull into the next 7-11, 2 miles up the road, buy a scratch off lottery ticket and win 8 dollars.  I figured thats my share for doing my part to help the gebroni out.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:15:40 AM by EllsRider »
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Citizen of the day!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »
I am going to buy another lottery ticket today! ;)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »
i had a citizen moment the other day - nothing that would save anybodies life but a moment none the less.  i had to stop a "garbage bag on top of the car" person.  anybody that lives in an apartment or condo complex knows this sketch.  people put their garbage on the top of their car to take it to the dumpster then forget it and it ends up all over the road. 

This is nothing close to the good deed mentioned above but maybe it is a start on the karma train.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:49:18 AM »
YEHEY to the ORIGINAL ELLSRIDER A.K.A. CHISELCHEST!!!!!  8) 8) 8)You make us look good dude. More Good Karma to you.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »
Man, I had a friend years ago grab his fathers bike out of the garage to go for a spin around the hood and the front wheel was loose. So, he hits a speed bump to get a little air and the wheel comes off in the air. His face was so screwed up. It looked like someone beat his face with a bat. So bad! I could not let that guy go on knowing that that same fate was awaiting him. 8)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 02:52:12 PM »
i gave you a good karma applaud for that one

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 08:11:44 PM »
I gave you two!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 09:56:17 PM »
Sweet , I'll take it!

Advertisement: