SWAMP Community Forums
February 02, 2008, 01:03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: SWAMP Forums - Please login and join our community.
Anyone can register here for free and login for access to additional boards and topics.  Look near the top left of this page for the register or login links.  SWAMP mountain bike club members have additional access to trail maps and club business topics.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trailer Riders  (Read 992 times)
benjibbad
SWAMPer
Clipless Mountain Goat

« on: June 13, 2007, 11:13:10 PM »

I was wondering, if there are any other trails aside from the double track that I would be able to bring my 2 girls in a trailer on.  The trailer is a 2 child side by side.  I don't think sandpine or riverloop could handle the trailer, any suggestions?

Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!
SandPine
Ride Guide
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 08:07:13 AM »

Not in Alafia.  At boyette you will much more miles on double track roads.  You can also take into the East Medows trail safely.  At MB, you can do the whole main trail with it.  Just stay on the main trail and don't go into other smaller narrow trails.   Just make sure you put helmets on the kids since it gets bumpy.

Trek
Hardtail Monkey
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

On Your Left!!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:59:11 PM »

my daugther loves the multi use trail at alafia... i know its not much.. but they cant ride that long anyways.. they get bored and sore from the bumps...  in the mean time you have the PLAYGROUND for  them to have fun while you go and ride some more while your wife and you take turns watching the kids..

this is what my wife and i do every sunday..

-Bob

What's Better Than Riding?
CrazyWhiteGuy
SWAMPer
Cycling Sherpa

Caution: May cause temporary blindness

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 09:35:20 PM »

We had an old burley when I was growing up, it flipped a couple of times while on pavement, I think that on the dirt it would be terrible and unrideable. Those skinny wheels would suck on sand and roots, and I don't think you could make all those tight turns.

Riding a Kona FireMountain with a Manitou Black
SmartRider
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

Me

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »

my daugther loves the multi use trail at alafia... i know its not much.. but they cant ride that long anyways.. they get bored and sore from the bumps...  in the mean time you have the PLAYGROUND for  them to have fun while you go and ride some more while your wife and you take turns watching the kids..

this is what my wife and i do every sunday..

-Bob

thank you for sharing this info.. My wife and i have been trying to figure out a way to ride together.. I didn't dawn on me to switch off like that.. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old.. as you can imagine.. life if busy.

Thanks,
Andrew

Unyielding Single Track is your Friend
Trek
Hardtail Monkey
Global Moderator
Ninja Master Cyclist

On Your Left!!

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »

no worries daddy.  hope you guys have a good time. Smiley

What's Better Than Riding?
Pages: [1]   Go Up