Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Trek8500 how was the century?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Trek8500 how was the century?
« on: June 16, 2007, 05:33:34 AM »
In your words if you will Sir. ;D

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
Re: Trek8500 how was the century?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »
well thanks... i'm not one of many words or an orchestrator of a story the way Ellsrider is but here goes..

8 AM. Get to Beercans House.  Drive to the Withlacoochie Trail head. Forgot my shoes, turn around go back to Riverview then back to Withlacoochie. All this takes about 4 hours and we leave for our ride starting at 12:15 or so...

The legs felt great for the ride, really everything felt great, the weather was perfect. Our first 30 miles was pretty much uneventful except for the abnormally large Black Snake that was sunning himself. He was over 6 Ft. easy.... anyways, i hit a wall.. maybe most people don't but it seems like anytime I do a long ride.. like Ididaride, Croom or whatever... i hit something. that happened to be around 41 miles... my feet got really numb... my wrists started to bother me too... i'm glad Beercan was there for me to bitch at for about 7 miles.. started to get a little overcast and got a few sprinkles..

anyways, i got the sand out of my vagina, and i went about my ride. about mile 48 i was back to feeling good, comfortable on the bike. the rest of the ride was a good one. saw some nice people out on the trail, its pretty cool how it goes through all those little towns up there.. so here we are getting back to the car, and we are about 5 miles short on the computer.... dont know why.. and that kinda sucked..  that might have been where Beercan hit a wall.. but he didn't waiver.. he said lets go..  right on!!!  so we went 6 miles and a little just to be over 100...  didn't want to stop right there, i wanted to show that century who's the boss.. LOL  :D 

all in all it was a great ride... i have to get a road bike.. absolutely have to, its the only way i am going to keep up with you guys in the races this fall  8) ... i can definately see the benefits of the road bike.. Saddle time and pedal time.. we did an 18 mph average, with 3 breaks.. so hopefully i can get the old guy at AJ's to lend me his bike again... and sooner than later i'll get one myself.. already talking to my brother about it...  and we can all get out there and hammer some morning..

see ya out on the trails!!

-Bob  ;D
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 08:01:17 PM »
Sound s pretty good! Man that must have sucked going back for the shoes. Did you guys eat at the Irish pub? That place is great for a burger and a bear it mile 70!

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »
missed that.. where is it???  is it in one of those little towns. mile 70 thats near the bike shop on the way back by  that lake right???

-bob
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
Boredom
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 12:14:09 AM »
A century can be quite boring but . . .

A true biker finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty-his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure.

Apologies to  Aldous Huxley
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 06:17:11 AM »
You guys started too late!! Be out there early and enjoy that  morning air!  Sounds like it was rough for a while when you hit the wall. One thing I do and it helps tremendously, take  some ibuprofen pills with you. For me, its my neck that begins to ache. I take  1-2 pills and the pain is gone. The trail is 92 miles long so you have to make up some miles.  That Shamrock Inn is on the north end of Floral City, about 20 miles south of the parking lot. These other guys have started to ride with the mp3 players. That can cut down on thechit chat.  Beercan, whatch you talkin' bout wit dis philosphy  and boredom? Heck man, those wheels are always spinnin' round and round. Alls you have to do is look and you can see 'em. Thats entertainment enuff!  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Advertisement: