General Mountain Bike info > Public Announcements

Club Trip to Bend, Oregon

(1/1)

JasonD:

SWAMP's  Bend, Oregon trip (6/23-6/30) will be decidedly different from our typical summer excursions. We usually stay in rustic lodges outside town close to the trails, and drive into town for dinner. Because Bend is such a happening town, we have secured an entire Bed & Breakfast right in town, and will either bike or drive to the trailhead.

Bend has 71 parks, 48 miles of in-town bike trails, 9 bike shops, and 8 microbreweries (ride the Ale Trail to sample the town's best). A short sampling of how our evenings will be spent follows:
Downtown has one of the most vibrant art scenes in the Northwest.
There will be 20 restaurants within walking distance.
Drake Park has weekly outdoor concerts, plus a Thursday & Saturday Farmers Market.
The nearby Mill District has a huge REI, plus another dozen restaurants.

To check out a beautiful review of everything Bend, visit: http://visitbend.journalgraphicsdigital.com/current/

Lodging
We have been fortunate enough to secure great accommodations at the Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast. Built in the early 1900s as a mid-town hotel and boarding house, the Inn has been recently refurbished. It has everything you could want, including a spa, outside decks, secure storage for our bikes (with work stand), and a 7 course breakfast is included. There are two cottages, king and queen rooms, and a couple rooms with twin beds for you singles. To see your options, visit: www.millinn.com/

READ THIS NOW
To be able to pick your room, and get a 10% discount, you will need to make your reservation thru me by January 31. After that, selection will be limited, and the discount is gone.

Do this NOW:
go to the Mill Inn's website and look thru the room selections. Cost is posted price plus 10% state tax. Until Jan 31, you get a 10% discount. After that you pay full price.
Email me your room choice. (Miss Marty picked the San Francisco)
Mail your room payment to:
SWAMP
9401 Takomah Trail
Tampa, FL 33617

You can use SWAMP Bucks to pay for this trip. If you are a single looking for a roommate, let me know so I can hook you up.

Best priced flight from Tampa to Portland has a 7:45am departure, arriving at 11:07am. Cost is $390 + tax. We will rent vans or SUVs there and ride share to Bend.

Bikes can be rented for $25 to 35 per day. You can ship bikes to Pine Sports.

(this info is also posted on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/274426292618277/)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version