March 3, 2013 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Morris Bridge Park
Boat Ramp Parking Area
6-Hour Team and Solo Mountain Bike Competition
Organized by Red Trail Racing and .
Sunday, March 3, 2013
7:00AM – Registration opens – Morris Bridge Boat Ramp (South) parking area
9:45AM – Riders Meeting
10:00AM – 4:00PM Competition
Solo or up to 3 person teams, any ride rotation
Solo – Beginner Men; Advanced Men (rated Sport or Expert by NORBA); and Women classes
Beginner, under 120 years of age (total age of team riders)
Beginner over 120 year of age (total age of team riders)
Coed (at least one woman racer, no advanced riders please)
Advanced classes (those including any Sport or Expert riders)
Prizes to top 3 competitors in each class.
Cash awards to top three finishers in each Solo class.
Information to know
- The course will be available for pre-ride to registered riders only. The park will be closed to the public.
- There will be water and sports drink available at the starting area before and during the event. (still bring your own though!)
- The shell road just beyond the starting line has places all along it for storing during-race supplies.
- Helmets are required by all riders.
- No earphones/headphones. All normally able to riders must be able to hear riders communicating from behind.
- Spectators are welcome.
Take I-75 Exit #266 (CR582A/Fletcher Ave), go east about two miles to Morris Bridge boat ramp, just before the bridge that crosses the Hillsborough River.
- No Sport or Expert racers on Beginner teams (classes based on 2009 Norba status).
- Cutting of course or any form of cheating will result in automatic disqualification of entire team.
- Solo racer/Team with most laps wins, tie breakers will be determined by fastest overall time.
- Each racer must check in and out at scoring checkpoint before continuing.
- Each racer that begins a lap must finish the same lap.
- Racer changes can only be made in the transition area.
- Each solo rider and team will be issued a team baton with the team number on it.
- Each racer must carry team baton for the entire lap.
- Loss of team baton will result in a 10-minute penalty.
- Transfer of team baton to next rider must be done only at scoring checkpoint.
- Each racer will receive a number plate which must be in place for each lap.
- Loss of number plate will result in a 5-minute penalty.
- All transfers of equipment must be done in transition area.
- All bikes must pass visual safety inspection before entering race course.
- All on-trail repairs must be done by the racers themselves with no outside assistance.
- All assisted repairs must be done in transition area.
- Act responsibly and have fun!
Information on national mountain bike racing: NORBA Racing information