March 22, 2015 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Morris Bridge Park
Boat Ramp Parking Area
6-Hour Team and Solo Mountain Bike Competition
Visit First Place Racing or Facebook Squiggy Classic Page for registration or more information.
Organized by Red Trail Racing and .
Sunday, March 22, 2015
7:00AM – Registration opens – Morris Bridge Boat Ramp (South) parking area
9:45AM – Riders Meeting
10:00AM – 4:00PM Competition
Solo or up to 3 person teams, any ride rotation
Solo – Beginner Men; Advanced Men (rated Sport or Expert by NORBA); and Women classes
- Beginner, under 120 years of age (total age of team riders)
- Beginner over 120 year of age (total age of team riders)
- Coed (at least one woman racer, no advanced riders please)
- Advanced classes (those including any Sport or Expert riders)
Prizes to top 3 competitors in each class.
Cash awards to top three finishers in each Solo class.
Information to know
- The course will be available for pre-ride to registered riders only. The park will be closed to the public during the event.
- There will be water and sports drink available at the starting area before and during the event. (still bring your own though!)
- The shell road just beyond the starting line has places all along it for storing during-race supplies.
- Helmets are required by all riders.
- No earphones/headphones. All normally able to riders must be able to hear riders communicating from behind.
- Spectators are welcome.
Please contact Gregg Irving <konagregg (at) gmail (dot) com>
Take I-75 Exit #266 (CR582A/Fletcher Ave), go east about two miles to Morris Bridge boat ramp, just before the bridge that crosses the Hillsborough River.
- No Sport or Expert racers on Beginner teams (classes based on 2009 Norba status).
- Cutting of course or any form of cheating will result in automatic disqualification of entire team.
- Solo racer/Team with most laps wins, tie breakers will be determined by fastest overall time.
- Each racer must check in and out at scoring checkpoint before continuing.
- Each racer that begins a lap must finish the same lap.
- Racer changes can only be made in the transition area.
- Each solo rider and team will be issued a team baton with the team number on it.
- Each racer must carry team baton for the entire lap.
- Loss of team baton will result in a 10-minute penalty.
- Transfer of team baton to next rider must be done only at scoring checkpoint.
- Each racer will receive a number plate which must be in place for each lap.
- Loss of number plate will result in a 5-minute penalty.
- All transfers of equipment must be done in transition area.
- All bikes must pass visual safety inspection before entering race course.
- All on-trail repairs must be done by the racers themselves with no outside assistance.
- All assisted repairs must be done in transition area.
- Act responsibly and have fun!
Information on national mountain bike racing: NORBA Racing information