November 10th, 11th and 12th 2017
Alafia River State Park FTF
South of Brandon, Florida
Join SWAMP for 3-days of adventure at Alafia and Boyette parks.
Register Now! (Online registration only)
Vendor Registration and Sponsorship information available.
Our premier and favorite annual mountain bike event. The Alafia River State Park Fat Tire Festival is a great mountain bike ride weekend with fun and entertainment in Florida for all registered attendees. With unique topography that offers some of the most radical elevation changes in Florida, the Alafia River State Park mountain bike trails are the most challenging in our riding area. The ‘Moonscape’ and ‘Gatorback’ trails were specifically designed for advanced level riders. The less technical ’Roller Coaster’, ’Bridges’ and ‘North Creek‘ trails provide a real adventure for any experienced cyclist. For new riders, there is ‘Sand Pine’, ‘Rock Garden’ and ‘River Loop’ plus all the 2-track.
Boyette’s trails are forgiving enough for newer riders while still offering an exciting bike ride for more experienced cyclists. The famed ‘Abyss’ and ‘Ridgeline’ trails will amaze and challenge, while the diversity of single-track, technical berm sections, and hilly meadow riding will make for a fun day.
Self-Guided bike rides will be offered at both trail locations on Saturday. (Boyette only until 3 pm).
Festival Activities and Amenities Include:
- New! Reserve RV (concrete pad, power and water) spaces via Reserve America for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights! (for an additional fee, special event code required)
- Vendor Village, open to the public
- Festival Day Tickets, lower rate for those not camping overnight
- Self-Guided bike rides for all skill levels on Friday and Saturday
- Open riding all three days (40 miles of single-track)
- Night ride (Friday at 7:00 PM)
- Breakfast & dinner on Saturday (included with all ticket purchases)
- Festival Camping Tickets include registration and camping (two nights) in the campground - proof of registration required
- Local bike shop displays and bike mechanic services
- Breakfast on Sunday
- Bicycle Factory Representatives with demonstration bikes, available in an area open to the public
- Event SWAG!
Festival headquarters (registration, meals, and entertainment) will be located in the public areas of the Alafia River State Park. Use the main park entrance. Only registered attendees with event tickets will be allowed into certain event areas. The Vendor Village, in the main parking lot, will be open to the public.
- 1 - 6 pm Registration Check-in at the Campgrounds
- Campground open for campers only
- Food available (Friday food tickets may be purchased at the registration table)
- 1 - 6 pm Vendor Village (near public main trail head parking lot)
- 3:00 pm Alafia Show and Go Ride (all groups self guided)
- 6:30 pm Alafia Guided Night Ride
- 8:30 pm Movies, popcorn for Campers.
- 8:30 pm Park Closes - Movies, Popcorn
- 11:00 pm Quiet time (for everyone)
Saturday (All ACTIVITIES ORIGINATE AT THE MAIN TRAIL HEAD)
- 7:30 Registration Check-in Opens
- 7:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast - Proof of registration required
- 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Boyette Bike Rides - Proof of Registration required. Boyette Gates closes at 3 pm
- 9:00 am - Vendor Village opens (open to the public)
- 7:00 am - 8:00 pm Food options available (extra food tickets available at the Registration table)
- 6:00 pm Music, games, prize items (must be present)
- 10:00 pm Park Closes
- Festival Saturday pass holders requested to exit the park.
- 11:00 pm Quiet time
- 7:00 - 9 am Breakfast, Main trail Head
- 9:00 am Show and Go (Unguided) Alafia Ride Start
- 1:00 pm Check Out. Event Officially Ends
Experienced cyclists of all skill levels will find a weekend full of off-road adventure. The bike trails will be open for riding Friday and Saturday. Sunday morning we will have open rides for anyone that still has legs that work. Helmets will be required. Proof of registration will be required to participate in any ride. We check every rider.
A Guided Night Ride will be offered on Friday. You will need good bike lighting (10 watts or better) that can last 2 hours or more.
The registration fee includes several meals depending upon your level of registration. Proof of registration will be required at all meals.
The camping registration fee includes two nights’ camping in Alafia River State Park. SWAMP has access to the 30 RV campground sites for Friday and Saturday nights for our event camping participants. However, each RV space may be shared with several tents or one other Trailer. Only one connection to electric and water allowed at each site There is enough room for 240 campers in the main campground. Advanced reservations for RV sites (optional through Reserve America), remaining open sites on a first-come first-served. RV Campers staying over Wednesday night who are registered for the event may be asked to move to another RV site on Friday. Campers from Wednesday night without event tickets will be asked to leave the park Thursday morning.
Participants wishing motel accommodations must make their own arrangements.
The following are located at an I-75 interchange, approximately 20 minutes from the festival.
Brandon- at I-75 & SR-60
Best Western- 813-621-5555
Comfort Suites- 813-630-4444
La Quinta- 813-643-0574
Ruskin/Sun City exit at SR-464
Holiday Inn Express- 877-466-9111
Registration July 16, 2017 - October 30, 2017
Fri - Sun Festival Camping Registration is $104.80* per person. (*service and handling fees included in each price)
Saturday Festival no camping overnight Registration is $73.50* per person.
Fri - Sun event Child (under 13) Registration is $58* per child.
Saturday event Child (under 13) Registration is $42* per child
Campground Camping is limited to the first 240 arrivals. Additional campers will use the Festival Village camping area.
All attendees must check-in with registration to receive proof of registration.
Only Registered campers will be allowed in the camping areas.
Please Do not bring guests/family/friends/significant other unless they register also.
No unpaid guests.
Campsites will be shared for tents, RV's or Trailers, and the conctete pads can (optionally) be reserved for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (additional fee).
Registration will be verified before entering certain event areas.
All ticket changes must be completed online no later than Tuesday, November 6th.
SWAMP will make arrangements and expenditures based on the number of entries received.
Visit our Online message forums for information on buying, trading or selling unwanted tickets.
Volunteers are needed as sag support, site preparation, Ride Guides, registration hosts, and cleanup staff. Most volunteers get to ride.
Not all applicants are guaranteed volunteer positions.
Therefore, include the full registration fee with your application, even if you volunteer.
ALL VOLUNTEER APPLICANTS MUST CONTACT OUR VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR.
- Event is rain or shine so plan accordingly.
- Camp sites are all shared with tents, only ONE RV or ONE Trailer can access the electric/water hookup on each concrete pad. The campground will be full.
- The park gate will be locked during the night so re-entry may not be possible during these hours.
See previous event photos (in a new window).
For more information E-mail questions to: Events at SWAMPClub dot org