November 9th, 10th and 11th 2018
Alafia River State Park
Join SWAMP for 3-days of adventure at Alafia and Boyette parks.
Ticket Sales for SWAMP members begin August 11, 2018 12:00 am
Ticket Sales for non-members begin August 18, 2018 12:00 am
Look for your registration link to appear here.
Vendor Registration and Sponsorship information available.
Our premier and favorite annual mountain bike event. The Alafia River State Park Fat Tire Festival is a great mountain bike ride weekend with fun and entertainment in Florida for all registered attendees. With unique topography that offers some of the most radical elevation changes in Florida, the Alafia River State Park mountain bike trails are the most challenging in our riding area. The ‘Moonscape’ and ‘Gatorback’ trails were specifically designed for advanced level riders. The less technical ’Roller Coaster’, ’Bridges’ and ‘North Creek‘ trails provide a real adventure for any experienced cyclist. For new riders, there is ‘Sand Pine’, ‘Rock Garden’ and ‘River Loop’ plus all the 2-track.
Boyette’s trails are forgiving enough for newer riders while still offering an exciting bike ride for more experienced cyclists. The famed ‘Abyss’ and ‘Ridgeline’ trails will amaze and challenge, while the diversity of single-track, technical berm sections, and hilly meadow riding will make for a fun day.
Self-Guided bike rides will be offered at both trail locations on Saturday. (Boyette only until 3 pm).
Festival Activities and Amenities Include:
- Vendor Village, open to the public
- Festival Day Tickets, lower rate for those not camping overnight
- Self-Guided bike rides for all skill levels on Friday and Saturday
- Open riding all three days (40 miles of single-track)
- Night ride (Friday at 7:00 PM)
- Breakfast & dinner on Saturday (included with all ticket purchases)
- Festival Camping Tickets include registration and camping (two nights) in the camping areas - proof of registration required
- Local bike shop displays and bike mechanic services
- Breakfast on Sunday
- Bicycle Factory Representatives with demonstration bikes, available in an area open to the public
- Event SWAG!
Friday registration will be held in the campgrounds. Saturday Registration will be held at the main trailhead. Lunch will be available at the trailhead also. The Vendor Village will be located in the main trailhead parking lot and open to the public. Only registered campers will be allowed in the campgrounds. No exceptions.
- 12 - 6 pm Registration Check-in at the Campgrounds
- Campground open for campers only
- 1 - 6 pm Vendor Village (main trail head parking lot)
- 3:00 pm Alafia Show and Go Ride (all groups self guided)
- 6:30 pm Alafia Guided Night Ride (leaving from the main trail head
- 8:30 pm Karaoke and S'mores at the Community fire pit for Campers
- 8:30 pm Park Closes
- 11:00 pm Quiet time (for everyone)
- 7:30 Registration Check-in Opens
- 7:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast in the Campgrounds - Proof of registration required
- Food Trucks available at the Main Trail Head for Vendors and Public
- THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES WILL TAKE PLACE FROM THE MAIN TRAIL HEAD
- 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Boyette Bike Rides - Proof of Registration required. Boyette Gates closes at 3 pm
- 9:00 am - Vendor Village opens (open to the public)
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm Food Trucks available for Lunch purchases
- CAMPGROUND ACTIVITIES FOR CAMPERS ONLY
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Dinner Buffet (proof of registration required)
- 6:00 pm Music, games, prize items (must be present)
- 10:00 pm Park Closes
- Festival Saturday pass holders requested to exit the park.
- 11:00 pm Quiet time
- 7:00 - 9 am Breakfast, Main trail Head
- 9:00 am Show and Go (Unguided) Alafia Ride Start
- 1:00 pm Check Out. Event Officially Ends
Experienced cyclists of all skill levels will find a weekend full of off-road adventure. The bike trails will be open for riding Friday and Saturday. Sunday morning we will have open rides for anyone that still has legs that work. Helmets will be required. Proof of registration will be required to participate in any ride. We check every rider.
A Guided Night Ride will be offered on Friday. You will need good bike lighting (10 watts or better) that can last 2 hours or more.
The registration fee includes several meals depending upon your level of registration. Proof of registration will be required at all meals.
The camping registration fee includes two nights’ camping in Alafia River State Park. Campers from Wednesday night without event tickets will be asked to leave the park Thursday morning.
Participants wishing motel accommodations must make their own arrangements.
The following are located at an I-75 interchange, approximately 20 minutes from the festival.
Brandon- at I-75 & SR-60
Best Western- 813-621-5555
Comfort Suites- 813-630-4444
La Quinta- 813-643-0574
Ruskin/Sun City exit at SR-464
Holiday Inn Express- 877-466-9111
Registration August 11, 2018 - November 10, 2018
- $104.50* Adult, All Access, Festival Camping. Friday - Sunday
- $72.50* Adult, Daytime Access only (no camping). Satuday and Sunday
- $56.50* Child (under 13), All Access, Festival Camping. Friday - Sunday
- $40.50* Child (under 13), Daytime Access only (no camping). Satuday and Sunday
*service and handling fees included in each price
A parent or responsible adult must accompany participants under 13 years of age on all event activities.
All Campers will use the Festival Village camping areas.
All attendees must check-in with registration to receive proof of registration.
Only Registered campers will be allowed in the camping areas.
Please Do not bring guests/family/friends/significant others into the camping areas unless they register also.
Campsites will be shared for tents, RV's or Trailers.
Must have camping wristband to enter campgrounds. All wristbands will be monitored.
Look for the SWAMP member registration link to appear here on August 11, 2018
All e-ticket changes must be completed online no later than Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:59 pm.
SWAMP will make arrangements and expenditures based on the number of entries received.
VisitFacebookor ourOnline message forumsfor information on buying, trading or selling unwanted tickets.
Volunteers are needed as sag support, site preparation, Ride Guides, registration hosts, and cleanup staff. Most volunteers get to ride.
Not all applicants are guaranteed volunteer positions.
Therefore, include the full registration fee with your application, even if you volunteer.
ALL VOLUNTEER APPLICANTS MUST CONTACT OUR VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR.
- Event is rain or shine so plan accordingly.
- The park gate will be locked during the night so re-entry may not be possible during these hours.
See previous event photos (in a new window).
For more information E-mail questions to: Events at SWAMPClub dot org