Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Newbies with only a few rides in?  (Read 4813 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: Newbies with only a few rides in?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »
those are some hefty sprints to hold that speed for that far on a mtb - great job

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »
When i quoted those times I was going by what my buddy told me.  I don't have a guage on my bike.  The times for the last sprint could be a little less.  They felt like they took forever.

I enjoyed the trails much more than the road path portions of the trip.  Once we got deep into the trees I found it harder to breathe, and thats when we stopped more often.  The 2 guys I was riding with were on $1k+ bikes and have been out for at least a few months.  I was trying to keep pace with them.  I could have cut out half way through if it wasn't for the "peer pressure" of my workout buddies;-)  I asked them to slow down a few times on the trails as I was sucking some serious wind..  they did without a problem.
I'm glad I stuck around though.  It seems I faired pretty well on my first ride.  I'd like to hit the trails a little heavier next time.  Half our ride was on the road path it seems.  The heat on the black asphault killed me.

Offline sharky

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 01:38:36 PM »
Holy crap!  26 miles!  Man, I am glad I wasn't able to hook up with you. :D  I was dead after 17 at Boyette.  I REALLY need to get in shape!  Congratulations though.

I hear Boyette is tougher than Flatwoods.  From the sounds of your story in the thread you made we are probably at the same endurance level...  I just gave into peer pressure!  hahaha

Oh, I forgot to mention my backside is KILLING ME!  haha.  I have a gel seat and padded riding shorts...  I'm still feeling it though.

Advertisement: